Feather's mean's dog's

Don Fischer

Without a dog, I would never hunt another bird in my life. The bird is the excuse to need a dog and it's the dog I watch.

My Bodie. Lost him Jan 11 this year.

My Squirt. 10 this year.

Stormy. 4 this year and if he doesn't grow up pretty soon he'll never see 5. Love him to death really!

Missy. Stopped in for a drink and a bite to eat about 9 mos ago and never left. My farm dog!

Mans best friend for sure. We have 2 of our own and the neighbor dog comes over everyday as soon as we get home from work. He thinks hes part of the family so we spoil him a little to.

A story behind Missy. She first showed up on a ranch about 8 mi out of town but wouldn't let them near her. Soon as she saw humans she ran away. several days later she showed up in town but same deal, she saw humans and she ran. I guess she was getting pretty hungry and I think it was her that got four of my chickens, she was scheduled for termination. Finally got to see her briefly, in my front corral but soon as she saw me she ran off. Local rancher stopped and asked about her. He had a friend that might want her. Well few days later she was out there when I went out with a bowl of food for her. She took off right away but I sucked through my lips and rattled the bowl and she stopped.I'd been putting food out for her for several days and this was just the second time I saw her. Sat it down and went inside and looked out the kitchen window and she was eating. Went out several days later and she was lying behind the Bronco, didn't run this time. Took several week's to be able to sit out there while she ate and then finally get to bowl to me where I could reach her. Offered her a hand but she'd shy away till finally she stuck her nose out for me. Seeing her up close I could see it looked like she was missing her left eye! I'd leave the back door open for her Couple more week ans several time's of that and I looked up from this computer and she was laying on the floor next to me, first time she let me really touch her. Talked to a vet friend about her eye and she sent me some sedatives to give her to get a collar on her an into the car. Collar went on easy, by that time she'd found a place on the couch but, the leash was another story. Got a hold of her and she stared crying really bad and struggling. She grabbed my hand but never bit down, surprised me. Got her to town and Holly looked her over. Wasn't sure about the eye but took it out that day. Holly said it looked like a birth defect. She spayed her while she was out and got her all caught up on shot's, I really think she didn't charge me for the spay but say's she had to open her to tell if it was done and it was so sewed her back up. Been a long road for her, we think she was abused really bad by a man then dumped, like to catch the b*stard! The original plan was the settle her down and send her the the rancher's friend looking for a dog. Couldn't do it. She's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen, she has a home long as she wants. Friend came by a couple week ago and we sat outside talking and Missy came over and sat by me and wouldn't take her eye off they guy. I had this feeling if he got ugly that Missy did have it in her to take him. Rather I had him call her over. Just like with most people, especially men, she got to where he could reach her bottom chin and no more. This is one special little girl but, gotta say. sure is strange seeing a dog around here that's not a bird dog. I've had mostly white bird dog's foe 30 some years. Then got Stormy and his color really threw me for quite awhile. When your used to watching white dogs, red ones disappear really fast! Missy is really special though!

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back