PEAX Equipment

Got a new bow! Reintroduced myself back to archery...

aj427ci

I sold my bow 4 years ago. I'm into long range shooting but not long range hunting... So I sold my long range rifle and bought a new bowtech rpm 360. Of course after I bought the bow I see all the bowtech limb problems on the internet. At least they have a lifetime warranty. Something that has always overwhelmed me with the archery world is the endless amount of sights, arrows, rests, and so on. Are the slider sights worth the money? Are they repeatable? What brand of arrows to stay away from? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Tis the season. I got a new bow this year too (Hoyt Defiant) I haven't used a slider sight, but have heard great reviews of them. The Black Gold 5-pin sight works great. I also like the RipCord rest and have had great luck with Gold Tip Hunter XT arrows since 2004.

I won't be hunting with it this year... Going to need alot of practice to get my form back. Plus between me and my wife we have 5 rifle tags to fill this year!

Bought a new to me bow Thursday.

60# Diamond Fugitive, Ripcord rest. Bought a used Black Gold five pin, and a new Alpine 3 arrow quiver to go with it.

Very happy to get it all here and put together.

I've only been shooting a modern bow since January and am capable to 50 yards. By season should be deadly at 60. Here in SD we can just buy archery tags, three of them, so figured might as well jump on the bandwagon.

If you're leaning towards a slider sight are you thinking single pin or multi pin slider? The only arrows I would stay away from are Easton fmj's I might get crucified by some people for saying that but I've got a few bad results with them on game. I would stay somewhere in the gold tip, victory or carbon express area for arrows ripcord or QAD for rests single pin= HHA optimizer multi pin= black gold great sights and great customer service just my opinion.

I have a QAD rest and I used to shoot beaman's. Just trying to keep things simple and not get caught up in all the hype of fancy crap. Haven't really done a whole lot of research of slider sights, what would make sense is to have a 3 pin with the adjustability to shoot out farther.

The Beman Bone Collectors worked great for me. I liked that they were 9.1 grains per inch for the 400 spine arrows. I love the QAD HDX rest, but have a Trophy Taker Smack Down on my back up bow, and I put a Night Hawk drop away on a bow that I sold to a friend of mine. The Smack Down is going on year 3 with no problems, and the Night Hawk is working great for my friend, but he has only been using it since the beginning of May. I would love to get a multi-pin slider, but I have to find one for a good price on Archery Talk first. I had a single pin slider on my Carbon Overdrive, but I took it off for my elk hunt last fall because it didn't have the offsets to mount the quiver. I got it used for about half price though. I know what you mean about the hype. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about Tight Spot quivers, but for $90 I can put up with a lot of aggravation, so my $30 Headlock is fine for now.

I shoot my Hoyt Defiant with Eastons FMJ 340 at 11.3 GPI a brass HIT incert with a 125 grain broadhead

Got the new bow home today. Sight installed and rough adjusted, draw length set, rest adjusted, quiver installed. Golf ball size group at 20 says good times are ahead.

Just not today.

Way too hot.

When your groups are golf ball sized it is time to switch to a five-spot or 3-spot target. At a minimum of $12 bucks for a robin hood (I shoot the Scheels Rogue arrows made by Gold Tip) you probably only want to do that once.:)

LOL. Robin Hoods are cool, once, then they are just expensive. I rarely shoot at 20, and never for groups. That was just a part of playing around, but I said the same thing, "No more groups with this one."

We normally shoot the Scheels branded Gold Tips as well. This bow came with some 350 Victory arrows that seem really nice, and shoot straight. Gonna pick up some 125g field tips tonight and see how they shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back