Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Arizona Hitting CC's for Deer/Sheep

Zim

Tags should post by next week but CC's getting hit now for AZ deer/sheep. Got one last hors d'oeuvre added to the full plate. Kaibab archery deer. Been slim pickens for me last few years, but broke loose this year. Will drive from Illinois late August to do this order: WY archery lope > AZ Kaibab archery deer > AZ unit 1 archery elk > WY rifle lope > (break) > Iowa archery whitetail > Illinois archery whitetail > Illinois shotgun whitetail. This type of year is why I began applying for stuff 20 years ago. Good luck in the draw.

Last edited:
what a year! i hunted the kaibab last archery season. I had a blast and saw some very nice bucks. i ended up taking a respectable 4x4. Have a good time and congrats on drawing great tags.

what a year! i hunted the kaibab last archery season. I had a blast and saw some very nice bucks. i ended up taking a respectable 4x4. Have a good time and congrats on drawing great tags.

Post up a pic!

WTG Zim. Awesome fall lined up. One of the difficulties of the draw game is being able to drop everything and make good use of what you draw. Looking forward to following your hunts.

Looks like my card got popped for $300! 1st choice was late 12b west mule deer. 2nd choice was late 35a coues. It killing me now not knowing what I got! BTW, Drew with the one point I got for non-res hunter ed class.

WTG Zim. Awesome fall lined up. One of the difficulties of the draw game is being able to drop everything and make good use of what you draw. Looking forward to following your hunts.

I got lucky, drew the AZ elk early so was able to subsequently alter all applications afterward to conform to that. Applied for a mid-tier lope unit I had a decent chance to draw and do as a combo. Then applied for the Kaibab archery because it ends the day before my elk hunt opens. Great for a combo. I just didn't expect to draw both Odds were only 4% & 15% last year.

Looks like my card got popped for $300! 1st choice was late 12b west mule deer. 2nd choice was late 35a coues. It killing me now not knowing what I got! BTW, Drew with the one point I got for non-res hunter ed class.

I took the class with you, TXinTN. Congrats on the draw! I'm glad the Hunter Ed point helped someone from our class out! Looks like I struck out again. 2017 was a rough year for me drawing tags. I got cow elk and antelope in Wyoming, both being at or near 100% draw odds.

I took the class with you, TXinTN. Congrats on the draw! I'm glad the Hunter Ed point helped someone from our class out! Looks like I struck out again. 2017 was a rough year for me drawing tags. I got cow elk and antelope in Wyoming, both being at or near 100% draw odds.

Thanks Man! I lucked out for sure. I almost just bought points only, then figured I might as well try. Good luck in Wyoming. You're gonna be eating well next year, at least!

Smitty, really pretty archery buck for the Kaibab. I've seen many rifle hunters take home smaller bucks. There are a few big deer running around out there and its a fun hunt, but it is not an easy place to kill a deer. Congrats and thanks for sharing the picture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back