Sportsmans Roundtable Agenda - What are your issues? What would get you to attend?

grasshopper

The CPW statewide sportsmans roundtable meets August 5th.

Prior to that meeting there will be regional roundtable meetings which sportsman are encouraged to attend and have open dialogue with CPW managers about issues - any issues.

Previous surveys have suggested the TOP 3 concerns of sportsmen are Habitat, Access, and species management.

I have been asked to help develop the agenda for the NE region meeting.

I am asking you for your input.

1. What agenda topics would get you to attend a meeting?
2. What issues do you see that you would like to get addressed?

There is alot going on right now. Resident/NR resident allocation discussions at the wildlife commission, Habitat Fund Stamp spending, National Forest land recreational shooting, Fee increases, and more.

Please let me know what issues you would like to see elevated and discussed.

Thanks!

I've heard a rumor that they want to make the Plains whitetail tags OTC instead of draw like it is now. That would majorly suck with the limited amount of public land in the SE corner of the state.

After listening to one of the latest Meat Eater podcasts I would be greatly concerned with CWD

Montana: I'd sure like to see FWP make moose, sheep, and goat once in a lifetime tags. No it won't greatly increase anyone's odds, but it's a step in the right direction and give more folks an opportunity to draw one of these very special tags.

I've heard a rumor that they want to make the Plains whitetail tags OTC instead of draw like it is now. That would majorly suck with the limited amount of public land in the SE corner of the state.

C'mon up and I'll buy you a couple lengua tacos....

Sportsmen’s Roundtable called to discuss CPW financial sustainability moving forward

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado Parks and Wildlife wants to hear from hunters, anglers and anyone else who wants to comment on wildlife issues at a Sportsmen’s Roundtable for the Southeast Region, scheduled at 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 13.

The roundtable will convene in the Hunter Education classroom at CPW’s Southeast Region office, 4255 Sinton Road, Colorado Springs. It is expected to end by 8:30 p.m.

A main topic of discussion will be the recent CPW financial sustainability bill, which was debated by lawmakers in the Colorado General Assembly.

“We want to hear from sportsmen about how we should move forward,” said Dan Prenzlow, manager of CPW’s Southeast Region. “We will talk about why it failed and the potential direction for any upcoming legislation.”

Prenzlow encouraged everyone to attend, saying the roundtables are a great opportunity for direct communication with CPW about issues affecting anglers and sportsmen of the region including CPW policies, regulations and resource management. And the meetings give the agency a chance to fully discuss and explain its decisions with the public.

The financial sustainability bill passed the Colorado House but died in a Senate committee. It was the focus of intense debate as CPW sought to avoid anticipated budget shortfalls by increasing resident license fees. Since 2009, CPW has cut or defunded 50 positions, and cut $40 million from its operating budget. Wildlife managers caution that additional cuts are inevitable without an increase in revenue.

“Colorado's natural resources and wildlife are under increasing pressure from a growing human population," Prenzlow said. “This agency has done it’s best to manage resources on an already shoestring budget, but now we need to find effective ways to increase revenue. This is an important discussion we must have with our sportsmen and women."

CPW’s wildlife management programs are funded by user fees, generated primarily by the sale of hunting and fishing licenses. Unlike other state agencies, CPW receives little general fund revenue.

In addition to the financial sustainability bill discussion, Dave Roudebush, the Southeast Region’s representative on the state Sportsmen’s Roundtable, said he hoped to get an update on the hunting forecast particularly in the northwest region.

Who: CPW Southeast Region Sportsmen's Roundtable
What: Regular meeting
When: 6 p.m., Thursday, July 13
Where: CPW Hunter Education Classroom, 4255 Sinton Road.
Info: Call 719-227-5200 for additional information or visit http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/Roundtable.aspx

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back