Wyoming preferance points now available to purchase.

I'm in for antelope, deer, and moose. I can get a decent cow moose tag for 5 or 6 points.

I had the same strategy, until I saw what a cow moose tag would cost next year. I'm letting my 2 points go.

Since I drew my 1st choice pronghorn tag, I'm just in for deer and elk this year.

I had the same strategy, until I saw what a cow moose tag would cost next year. I'm letting my 2 points go.

Since I drew my 1st choice pronghorn tag, I'm just in for deer and elk this year.

That's why I'm saving towards the tag each year. I probably won't get to hunt at all next year due to knee and shoulder surgeries, so the money I would have spent on tags will go into the moose fund. My wife gave me the go-ahead for an Idaho moose hunt for a bull, so that will get spent first out of the moose fund since I'm looking at another 4 or 5 years before I'd get the Wyoming hunt. I understand I need to pay to play, so it doesn't bother me to have a really cool experience and some awesome meat since I'm saving up for it over a few years.

points for deer antelope and elk for me.I have another 2 years before I draw my deer and elk tags.Antelope,I'm pretty close to the top.It's killing me to hold my elk points.Can you still draw 2nd choice special draw for elk??

points for deer antelope and elk for me.I have another 2 years before I draw my deer and elk tags.Antelope,I'm pretty close to the top.It's killing me to hold my elk points.Can you still draw 2nd choice special draw for elk??

I think those days are over unfortunately.

Kiwi is correct on that one! Just too much publicity from HF, Eastmans, and hunting forums for it to last.

I'm amazed at the change in demand for Wyoming antelope tags. 6 years ago i turned down buying leftover tags, now I'm praying to draw leftover tags.

I'm in for moose and sheep. Already got my deer, elk, and antelope points when I didn't pull a tag.

My 13 yr old got lucky and drew elk with no points. I got his deer and antelope points. I just couldn't bring myself (at least not yet) to start him on moose and sheep points. That's a long, long commitment and like some have said, a Canadian moose hunt is a sure thing if that's what he wants to do in the future.

Just bought my first ever (any state) points. Got antelope and deer.

Points bought this year! Wife is at 11 for antelope and I'm at 3 (drew a few years ago now). Also sitting on a 6 for deer but no idea when or what I'll do with that.

Likely have to plan an antelope trip next year or the following to use up some of these points!!!

Just started the points game for antelope and elk in Wyoming and will look at Colorado for deer, there is so much info to filter through but looking forward to hopefully hunting Wyoming pronghorn next year. I am not after a trophy unit but felt it was the best hunt for an Aussie to draw and then get a chance to have a look around and understand the country and how I could manage it flying in to hunt every couple of years and try to do it DIY.

Cheers

Hi Paul, I agree that pronghorn is a great first hunt. I hunted them a few years ago and it was a fantastic introduction to western hunting. I'm also collecting points in WY and CO. I recommend the gohunt service, and they have a free month trial at the moment.

With point creep and the rising cost of points/tags, if you want to hunt moose just go to Canada and do it. It will be cheaper in the long run and you'll be able to do it while you are young enough to enjoy it.

Gotta agree with NoWiser. Add up all the point costs and the lost time, not to mention potential loss of health, if it's on your bucket list go North and get er done ay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back