Positive Landowner Conservation Outcome

There aren't many families that have the environmental/conservation ethics of the Wisherds.

I have known the family for many decades, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Enjoyed the positive read on this fine Friday morning! Thanks for sharing BHR. The Wisherds sound like a standup family and its neat to see what they've done for the generations behind them.

In a state that is one-third public and two-thirds private, as is Montana, a large debt of gratitude is owed to the collective conservation ethic displayed by some of largest private landowners. An often overlooked part of the big landscapes we enjoy in Montana.

That's a great story. We need to continue to highlight how private land owners contribute to the publics resource, especially out here in the "east" like my home state of Minnesota. Most of the land is private, so most of the wildlife resides there as well. Continued incentives for private landowners only helps public resources. We put 50 acres of categorized "prime farmland" into CRP and it has done wonders for wildlife, stream bank stabilization and flood control.

Thanks for posting. It's great to hear about land stewards and all the great work that can happen on private lands. These type of stories go a long way in building positive vibes with private landowners, wildlife conservation agencies, and the public.

Last edited:
Back