What caliber Kimber??

Looks like it comes in a 6.5 Creedmore.......;) :W: Ill take cover now..... Haha jk. I love my kimber. Good luck on whatever you decide.

There it is! That or a 260! If you want rifle that light there's gonna be a trade off unless you are an animal that recoil simply doesn't bother. Different thing's you can do to reduce recoil or, simply get either a heavier rifle or a lower recoiling cartridge, or both! I don't fire any magnum's at all any more. Couple years ago a guy here in town wanted me to shoot his rifle for him. I got hit so hard by the thing I no longer have a clue what he wanted to know. Some kind of 300 short mag in a fairly light rifle with a brake on it. Not sure what hurt worse, my shoulder or my ears! One shot was all I fired for him! Should have known better. Several years before that I fired a guy's 7mm Rem Mag Nice rifle and not to light but first rifle I ever fired with a brake on it. Another one shot wonder.

I know, I Know, I KNOW this is going to rankle the neck hackles on a ton of people, but here goes. The 7/08 of today is the 30/06 of our WW2 & Korea forefathers. Bullets have changed, powders have changed for the better, yet some seem to hold fast to what grandpa & dad brow beat into them as to what was the 'Do It All". Gun & Ammo manufacturers tend lock in step to what they can make a quick $$$ off of.... doesn't mean it's a better choice.

It doesn't take very long to get ridiculously proficient the 7/08 and after that, what difference does it make ?

280 AI or 30-06. Both are fantastic. I had a Remington Model 700 Mountain Rifle in .280 Remington which probably weighs about what the Kimber comes in at or maybe just a bit heavier. It kicked but was not terrible at all.

I made the move. Bought a Kimber Hunter in 7mm-08 and added a Leuopold VX3i 4.5-14x40 with CDS from Predator Optics and good information from Schmalts. Can't wait to start shooting. Starting with 140 gr. Nosler ballistic tip. First, I have to fix the r on this keyboard because I've had to go back and add evey r in this message!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back