Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Medicine Bow Deer hunt

338 win mag

Ok guys, me and a buddy are headed to Wyoming this fall to chase muleys. We will most likely be hunting near the Colorado border in the medicine bow national forest southwest of Saratoga. Not looking for someone's special spot but just a general idea of trophy potential, past hunting experience, etc. Been talking with the biologist in Saratoga and studying maps/satellite images as a start. Not expecting to shoot a 180 buck right out if the hole but a nice 4 point would be awesome. We will be camping in the forest and most likely hunting the first week of the season. Thanks for any input!

Good luck guys. We will be in 81 during archery. My dad and buddy's dad has deer tags but I'm elk hunting.

Deer numbers are up and ratios are good so be picky, somewhat anyway.

Deer numbers are up and ratios are good so be picky, somewhat anyway.

Spoke to Will Schultz the biologist he said the same. Gonna be hard passing on the 2 and 3 year olds but we will hold out as long as we can. Thanks!

Will knows his stuff. 4 pt restriction gone on the forest. Pass those young 2's and 3's if possible. Don't forget a game bird license, grouse are usually pretty thick in the Snowies and Sierra Madres.

Yes he seems very knowledgeable and helpful. He said there are mature deer there. Just gotta hold out for them

Attached are a few pics of unit 80 deer, I haven't had a tag there for deer but elk hunt it almost every year. These fellas are regulars on my trail cams, these pictures are a few years old but last year during archery elk we saw a several studs in the same area so they are still around. If you're ever in Saratoga around dusk do yourself a favor and just drive around the football field with a camera. You'll see several muley bucks that'll make your jaw drop.

deer 1.jpgdeer 2.jpgdeer 3.jpg

Attached are a few pics of unit 80 deer, I haven't had a tag there for deer but elk hunt it almost every year. These fellas are regulars on my trail cams, these pictures are a few years old but last year during archery elk we saw a several studs in the same area so they are still around. If you're ever in Saratoga around dusk do yourself a favor and just drive around the football field with a camera. You'll see several muley bucks that'll make your jaw drop.

View attachment 72135View attachment 72136View attachment 72137

Man that's awesome. That gives me a much better feeling about our hunt. Thanks for sharing!

Back