When to replace a bow string?

Fraying, fuzzy. Broken strands obviously. Peep rotation off is a sign of stretch. A slight dog leg under the serving, better get that one done now. Every 2 or 3 years is a good idea.

I shoot a lot in the off season, plus do the majority of my hunting with archery, so I change my strings and cables every other year regardless of what the string looks like.

I change my strings every 3 years or sooner if there are signs of stretch, fraying, etc., I recently upgraded my bow and made it a point to get an extra string made up as a spare, so if something happens in the middle of hunting season, I'll only lose a day or two instead of a week or better. ( because everyone waits until the last minute to get their archery equipment fixed)

I just had the string replaced after I noticed some fraying around the peep. I was shooting great groups out to 60 yards and now I am bringing it back to the shop. I cannot place my finger on what has happened but the string, sights and rest are all in line by my eyes. I used to be able to see the entire outside diameter of the sight ring but now I am only seeing a portion of it. It also looks like my fletchings are hitting the cable on my dxt. This is confusing to me as it was not doing this before:mad:.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back