Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cow Elk Partner Wyoming

Brachii

Long time deer hunter just moved to CO from Texas hunting elk for my first time-- decided to get a cow elk tag for my first time. 28 years old, great physical condition, and loves to put in time researching. Would like to split meat with someone who knows elk and the land in South/SouthEast Wyoming. Probably unit 7!

Aaron

It's the unit I applied for with my first choice and there were several hundred leftovers so I'm just assuming that's where I'll end up

there is going to be some very steep competition for the leftovers this year. The 152 or so is the fewest area 7-6 tags I've seen in a long time. If you didn't get one in the initial draw I wouldn't hold my breath on getting one in the leftover draw, although someone has to draw them.

Way to crush my spirits! I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks. If not unit 7, hopefully my second choice which is close by near medicine bow.

Yea. Sorry, I didn't mean to crush your spirits. There is still going to be 152 really happy guys so you very well could be one of them but since the WGFD went to a leftover draw it changed things. In the past I wouldn't yave stressed about getting a leftover 7 tag but it's different now.

A little tough to make predictions about something that's never taken place before.

I happen to believe lots won't bother to apply for many of the leftovers. Too much trouble for many that are used to how it was.
But, ya never know. Maybe the residents pooled thier money together and tried to buy every tag they could before anyone else,. from anywhere else could get em! Ha,Ha,Ha,

Obviously, I'm kidding. Think the random draw means just that.

Random.

So, hay, we all got a chance. As long as we put in that is.

Wish all luck guys.
Stay positive, it will be ok.

A little tough to make predictions about something that's never taken place before.

I happen to believe lots won't bother to apply for many of the leftovers. Too much trouble for many that are used to how it was.
But, ya never know. Maybe the residents pooled thier money together and tried to buy every tag they could before anyone else,. from anywhere else could get em! Ha,Ha,Ha,

Obviously, I'm kidding. Think the random draw means just that.

Random.

So, hay, we all got a chance. As long as we put in that is.

Wish all luck guys.
Stay positive, it will be ok.

That could be. But then there are also guys who would be happy with one tag, but put in the max number of allowed apps. I'm thinking more of deer and especially antelope here. I put in 8 apps and would be happy with one tag.

Well this thread digressed fast... still looking for someone to hunt with in Wyoming peeps lol

Yea. Sorry, I didn't mean to crush your spirits. There is still going to be 152 really happy guys so you very well could be one of them but since the WGFD went to a leftover draw it changed things. In the past I wouldn't yave stressed about getting a leftover 7 tag but it's different now.

Wyo

I sure hope your wrong. I'd like a cow elk tag to go with my deer tag this year. Either way I will be there this October and can't wait!! It will be interesting to see how many applicants there are for certain tags though.

Last edited:
Wyo

I sure hope your wrong. I'd like a cow elk tag to go with my deer tag this year. Either way I will be there this October and can't wait!! It will be interesting to see how many applicants there are for certain tags though.

I hope I'm wrong too :)

Brachii, I suspect after the 13th you might get some more bites on your offer. I think most guys are trying to wait and see if they get drawn first.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back