Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 vs. Metcalf Pintler

Gobbler24

I'm looking at these 2 packs and wondering what the pros and cons are. I'm looking for a pack to take on a mule deer hunt in Montana this fall. We'll be day hunting out of a camp so I mostly need it for hauling gear for a day and also if I get lucky enough to kill one haul it out. Thanks.

I have the KUIU inco pro and love it! Last year I hauled out my deer 1/2 at a time and helped on a bull elk with a quarter and back strap! No issues! Not sure where you're located but I had mine fitted to my self with 25 lbs in it at KUIU ! Good luck.

I just got a new icon pro 1850 for doing a hunt just like you. I haven't used it yet but I can tell you it is a high quality pack and seems plenty big for day hunts.

I have the Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 and use it for antelope and mule deer day hunts. It works great for me and I have no complaints. I have the 1850 bag also and IMO it will work for day hunts but I found it a bit on the small side especially when it gets colder out and I need to carry more clothes.

If someone could only get one bag for day hunts I recommend going with the 3200.

I don't know anything about the Metcalf Pintler so i can't comment on it.

I like my icon pro better than the MR Longbow.

If you go Kuiu get the icon. Much more comfortable than the Ultra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back