Pheasant hatch 2017

Huntin' Fool

Any early reports from folks living in wild pheasant country? Planning on doing a great plains pheasant trip this season/ maybe 2. State F&G reports come out in early September - will start making decisions and plans then. Been to SD twice and hunted the Mobridge area. Kansas twice, both in January and hunted around Hays. Did those hunts from '06 - '09 when bird numbers were incredible.

In '83, I was working in sales and they sent me to Fargo - was there from about Oct.25 - Dec.15 with a week off at Thanksgiving. Bought my Minnesota license - had my springer spaniel with me - shot roosters and a 2 giant canadas in their first honker season on them. 5 day season - 1 bird limit/day. Always wanted to go back and hunt it again - combo deer/pheasant/honker hunt in early November. Other hunt I'm looking at is Kansas in January.

Just read a report on KS, early survey has Crow counts up almost 30%. I frequent northwestern KS and the past several years has be strong compared other parts of KS. Use to hunt a lot by Liberal but that area was hit hard by a drought which took a toll on the birds. It's on the rebound but where I hunt, from Hays to Norton, the birds have remained healthy. Anxious to read about ND!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back