West Desert, Riverbed Utah Antelope

I want to wish you good luck on your hunt. I've not been a life long antelope hunter but they can sure be fun to hunt. My findings have been that it's not too hard to find good lopes while scouting before the season but another thing entirely to later get a clean shot at one of those big boys opening day.

Sounds to me like you are doing it right, good luck!

I'm packing up the truck today and leaving before dawn tomorrow morning. I am lucky enough to have my little bro accompany me on this hunt. I haven't seen him in 4 years so I am pretty stoked about that. I pick him up at SLC tomorrow. I report back next week.

Thank you all for the help you passed my way. I had a great time out there. Having only taken one antelope prior, I set my goal for this trip on a buck that split above his ears and had tops that hooked backed. We looked over a ton of different bucks, and yesterday we spotted this guy about 800 yards off the two track while heading out to another area to glass. I was able to cut the distance down to 361 yards and then ran out of any cover to try and get closer. So I settled down, took a rest, and held 7" high for drop and 6" for the wind. At the shot, the 140gr Accubond dropped the buck in his track and he never took a step.

The other photos are from Strawberry Res. That is a really cool area. I have the rest of the week off, so I think I will show my brother CO and do some fishing. IMG_0503.jpgIMG_0504.jpgIMG_0505.jpgIMG_0506.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0514.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0516.jpg

I was just given a surrendered tag for this archery hunt. Scrambling a bit to get some e-scouting in. Would really like to chat with someone thats archery hunted the unit. Seven o 7-337-0 two 35. Can text, call or reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back