"Freedom's Safest Place" NRA Videos...have you guys seen these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyb278

I'm sorry if this has been beat to death on this forum, but have you guys seen these NRA "Freedom's Safest Places" videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

It BONKERS, the level of fear mongering they are producing. I really thought it was a parody until I saw they drug out poor Charlie Daniels as one of the speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh8vFNynb_w

Is this what the NRA is up to, with a straight face and being applauded by their members for it? Is this the NRA message now?

My head hurts.

Last edited:
I guess I am not rational.

Fair enough. I removed that sentence as I can see why it might be described as a little dramatic. That said how do you rationalize it, and not see it as complete fear mongering and extremely disgusting?

I guess I see the the Left just as you see the Right. I don't agree with some of the the NRAs views on hunting, but I agree with what they say in those messages. This is a hunting forum so I will try to keep it to that topic.

This area on the Forum is much more than hunting if you look at the threads. That said I get where you coming from, I just find what the NRA is doing abhorrent.... especially concerning so-called fake news. Apparently the only place we can get news that's truthful is from one man's Twitter account. If I'm off base here, fine I just found it shocking that an organisation in the United States would resort to the same kind of fear and propaganda tactics as Russia and North Korea.

Last edited:
Like I said you see the Right as I see the Left. You are still watching CNN reporting the Russians rigged the election and I am watching riots at Berkeley preventing free speech.

That first one is really disturbing. The NRA has gone from protecting your right to bear arms to fear mongering about the left in general. I can't believe it has gotten so bad that people tolerate this stuff from a fixture like the NRA.

nra.png

Like I said you see the Right as I see the Left. You are still watching CNN reporting the Russians rigged the election and I am watching riots at Berkeley preventing free speech.

I condemn the riots at Berkeley as much as anyone, and also find it an assault against free speech, and the exchange of intellectual ideas between different groups. I think the big difference here is it you have what really is a long-standing institution in the NRA as well as a major lobbying force in Washington essentially sending the message in these videos that another institution, the Free Press can't be trusted and that anyone not like "us" is coming to rape our daughters and blow up our cities. It's pure, fear mongering propaganda to create division in the face of a largely imaginary threat, much like the president did to get elected . They damn near openly incite volence against people who don't agree with their ideals.

Last edited:
That first one is really disturbing. The NRA has gone from protecting your right to bear arms to fear mongering about the left in general. I can't believe it has gotten so bad that people tolerate this stuff from a fixture like the NRA.

View attachment 71999

Yeah it's just so screwed up that an organization like the NRA would push that message, essentially demonizing half of America. It's straight out of the Turner Diaries. I guess I'm one of those scary Progressive Lefty's, lifelong gun owner, Hunter, and military veteran who is proud of the foundations this country was built on. Fear was not one of them.

Last edited:
Guys, come on, if you don't send your $99.99 a week you're jeopardizing our freedoms and giving up the fight....We cannot defeat the left without YOUR help.

How was that :D Do you think they would give me a job? I bet the pay is really good.

For those of you who give your money to the NRA, I would be genuinely interested in what you think of these two videos.

No judging. I personally will not respond to what you have to say. Just interested in other perspectives.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread so it doesn't "hit the ditch" and take a few people with it.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread so it doesn't "hit the ditch" and take a few people with it.

Fair warning. And I apologize if I offended anyone on here that certainly wasn't my intention. Frankly I was just shocked as to the content of these messages and like Nameless Range, would like to hear opinions from NRA members as well.

Will edit my origional post to make it seem less inflammatory as I can see how it would be read that way

Guys, come on, if you don't send your $99.99 a week you're jeopardizing our freedoms and giving up the fight....We cannot defeat the left without YOUR help.

How was that :D Do you think they would give me a job? I bet the pay is really good.

You need to watch some prosperity gospel preachers and get a few pointers. How about this?
Send in your seed of FAITH to the NRA any your ARs will be blessed and produce baby SBRs, and you won't even need a tax stamp. Lefties will faint at the sight of it, and you will be immune to the poison they spew in your direction. For the low low price of $99.99:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd be willing to bet the NRA has seen a decline in membership since the election as our 2A freedoms are no longer under assault. Gotta increase those memberships and revenue.

You need to watch some prosperity gospel preachers and get a few pointers. How about this?
Send in your seed of FAITH to the NRA any your ARs will be blessed and produce baby SBRs, and you won't even need a tax stamp. Lefties will faint at the sight of it, and you will be immune to the poison they spew in your direction. For the low low price of $99.99:rolleyes:

Mind...BLOWN....set me up for a weekly electronic payment...:cool:

I'll admit that the ads are a little out there and not something I would do. Especially the Charlie Daniels one. But there is some truth in the ad about the media being biased. If you can't see this both ways then we have problems. The extreme left and extreme right news organizations are terribly biased and pretty much try to create their own news and in doing so.....RATINGS. I'm not sure there is a middle of the road news organization anymore that just reports the news. Everyone tries to spin the news to make "their" side the winner or the victim. I try to watch a lot of different news sources on both sides and come to my own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back