Mystery Ranch Cabinet Daypack

BuckFeverBob

Does anybody have any experience using this Cabinet day pack? Or could recommend a similar day pack.
I'm looking for a good quality day pack that could also double as a hauler of elk\deer quarters.

-Bob

I like the bag design of the Pintlar more. Plus it has a load shelf between the bag and frame for hauling meat.

I don't have the Cabinet, but I have the Crew Cab. I just purchased this past spring and have been wearing it for Turkey season and for walking with 45 pounds of chains in it.

Feels incredible. With the way it felt I thought I only had 30 pounds of chains in it until I stepped on the scale. It distributes the weight that well.

I purchased it for use here in Missouri for whitetail, and turkey hunting, and for elk and mulie hunting out west. I like to backpack in deep so I went ahead and bought (2) small load cells, and (1) large load cell, and the daypack lid. The pack with all those I can carry close to 6000 cu inches of gear.

My plan is to load one cell with food, one with clothes, and one with other essential gear ( along with daypack lid). Once in camp I don't have to dig everything out, I just take each cell/daypack lid off and throw in the tent. Take the food cell and hang in the tree. Now I have a daypack to wear and if lucky enough to get one down, I can throw a quarter in it and walk down to camp.

I can tell you that during turkey season I strapped my shotgun to the extreme right side of the pack for the 1.5 mile hike in the dark. I could not even tell the pack was overloaded on that side. The pack did not lean, pull, or even hint of sagging to one side.

I am sure the Cabinet is the same, minus all the Molle attachment straps the Crew Cab has.

I don't have the Cabinet, but I have the Crew Cab. I just purchased this past spring and have been wearing it for Turkey season and for walking with 45 pounds of chains in it.

Feels incredible. With the way it felt I thought I only had 30 pounds of chains in it until I stepped on the scale. It distributes the weight that well.

I purchased it for use here in Missouri for whitetail, and turkey hunting, and for elk and mulie hunting out west. I like to backpack in deep so I went ahead and bought (2) small load cells, and (1) large load cell, and the daypack lid. The pack with all those I can carry close to 6000 cu inches of gear.

My plan is to load one cell with food, one with clothes, and one with other essential gear ( along with daypack lid). Once in camp I don't have to dig everything out, I just take each cell/daypack lid off and throw in the tent. Take the food cell and hang in the tree. Now I have a daypack to wear and if lucky enough to get one down, I can throw a quarter in it and walk down to camp.

I can tell you that during turkey season I strapped my shotgun to the extreme right side of the pack for the 1.5 mile hike in the dark. I could not even tell the pack was overloaded on that side. The pack did not lean, pull, or even hint of sagging to one side.

I am sure the Cabinet is the same, minus all the Molle attachment straps the Crew Cab has.

Thanks for your reply. The Mystery Ranch website mentions the Cabinet is based on the Crew Cab but redesigned for the hunter, and if I’m not mistaken does have a load shelve. I typically don’t carry a lot of gear when I’m hunting so the size of the Cabinet interests me. Plus, I’m usually hunting with a couple other guys, so if we each had a bag this size I think that would be more than enough. I see where someone mentioned the kuiu icon pro 1850, which looked pretty appealing too. Of course, I’m having trouble getting over the price of these bags. I’m sure their quality bags but with the amount of hunting I do would they be worth it.
-Bob

You're right, the Cabinet also has the Overload Shelf.

Not the one I disassembled in Scheels a couple weeks ago.

You can strap a quarter between the frame and pack but it just rides on the webbing straps. IME, that usually means having to stop and readjust things from time to time. The Pintlar has an actual fabric shelf that drops down.

Unless, of course, they've hidden it somewhere else on the pack. But on the Pintlar it's right where you'd expect it to be.

Found a deal on dvor.com and bought the MR cabinet pack. Hope to get several years’ worth of hunting from this pack.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back