Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best Hunting TV Shows?

I think we all agree on the top two shows as I see them come up the most (Randy and Steven Rinella) but one show I don't think gets enough credit is Into High Country. Jason is a fairly reserved, honest hunter who does things the right way. Most of his hunts are western big game on public land (I've seen a couple of deer hunts that weren't...no biggie) and he shares many of the same sponsorships as Mr. Newberg. If you haven't seen it check it out!

I like this one too.

I like Fred Iklers shows to his excitement is fun to watch I think they are called the outfitters and Easton hunting. Not sure on the names I don't DVR just as I come across them

If the "stars" paint their face black, think they sing well, have decals on their truck/trailer that say "shoot 'em in the face" or "if it flies it dies", or continue whispering after they just touched off a .338 Win. Mag. , change the channel.

That is pretty much my criteria also

Stan Potts imitating a whimpering 10 year old girl fighting back tears after putting a "Booner" on the ground really hits you where you live.....

Stan Potts imitating a whimpering 10 year old girl fighting back tears after putting a "Booner" on the ground really hits you where you live.....

LOL! Forgot about him. I guess I have lost my shit a time or two after shooting a big animal or catching a big fish.....not to his level...but you know what I mean. At least that is not scripted and fake. Id rather see him genuinely lose his shit on camera in the moment then hear a celebrity ram product down my throat. :)

The usual have been talked about to death already. One show I enjoy watching, and not for the hunting, but more of the flip side of life as an outfitter and comedic relief with plenty of sarcasm is Tom McMillian "The McMillian Way". I also enjoy Skull Bound TV, Jana Waller does a lot for us as hunters and Vets. New series, "Till Death do us Part" With Julie McQueen and her husband/cameraman. Lots of turkey, fishing, and yes ad's. In reality, all hunting shows are going to have some form of ad or two. That is apart of life, I try to watch/enjoy, the ones that help us as hunters. I don't mind watching a show filmed on private land, canned hunts etc if the people doing it are good people.

If the "stars" paint their face black, think they sing well, have decals on their truck/trailer that say "shoot 'em in the face" or "if it flies it dies", or continue whispering after they just touched off a .338 Win. Mag. , change the channel.

I thought everybody had face paint like this for hunting.

jslye_profile_headpix.jpg

++1 on Nate Simmons also Cody Robins one of the more selfless sportsmen ( love those huge mulies)

Glad to hear I am not alone. Randy and Steve produce great TV and podcasts. I like Solo Hntr when I can catch it. Will have to check out a few other mentioned on here. There are so many bad ones it boggles my mind.

The other day I came across Chris Brackett's Fear No Evil on the Outdoor Channel, title sponsor was Mossy Oak. It was bad. Very bad. But what really made me sick was when he and his partner started shouting "boo-yah" after the shot. These idiots do so much damage to the perception of hunting, I can't believe they get these sponsors.

Glad to hear I am not alone. Randy and Steve produce great TV and podcasts. I like Solo Hntr when I can catch it. Will have to check out a few other mentioned on here. There are so many bad ones it boggles my mind.

The other day I came across Chris Brackett's Fear No Evil on the Outdoor Channel, title sponsor was Mossy Oak. It was bad. Very bad. But what really made me sick was when he and his partner started shouting "boo-yah" after the shot. These idiots do so much damage to the perception of hunting, I can't believe they get these sponsors.

I think that is a very big problem for us hunters. If a non-hunting person happens across the outdoor channels they will most likely see this type of clowns on the hunting show because they are the majority of what is shown. Shows like Fresh Tracks and Meateater and a few other shows that feature real hunters are lost in the sea of bad shows.
It could cause a non-hunter who does not object to hunting to have a negative opinion of hunting.

My vote is for Meateater. He doesn't seem to have the attitude that some of the other hosts of the big shows do. He just seems like a guy that enjoys being outdoors.

i love fresh tracks, meat eater, and western hunter because thats the type of hunting i do. heartland bowhunter is also really good with really good videography, and its the only "whitetail" show i watch. solo hunter is good, i like the self filmed aspect. i used to like western extreme but not so much anymore.

I only DVR Meateater, Fresh Tracks, and Western Hunter. But I will watch Jim Shockey's Uncharted or Heartland Bowhunter if I can catch them on but there isn't very many others I can stand. I'm sure there are others worth watching but there is a lot of garbage to sort through to find them.

I DVR fresh tracks, western hunter, meat eater, into the high country, some east mans, some petersons hunting, and drury outdoors because it's my home state. For the record I can't stand Chris Brackets show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back