Best Hunting TV Shows?

I can't stand typical hunting shows. Celebrity hosted hunts are not any more interesting to me. Meateater is the only hunting show I watched on a regular basis. I really enjoy it's content and storylines (more than just the typical theres a deer, shot it). Unfortunately, I don't think any new episodes have been released in over 2 years and the old episodes are now Netflix, which I don't have. Now that Freshtracks is on Amazon I will start watching it more often.

Last edited:
I also enjoy the iHuntFit videos as well as B&R, Hushin, and of course Randy's channel... all on youtube

After watching Naked and Afraid last night I'd say that will be probably as popular as most other hunting shows combined due to attractive women and primitive hunting methods. Very interesting seeing how shows like that, ALF, Life below zeros, Duck Dynasty, etc have taken hunting from obscure networks that few watch and put it in prime time on popular networks like Discovery where millions tune in to watch.

Completely different approach than hunters who do shows to promote manufacturers/outfitters/themselves and generate income.

In the end traditional hunting TV programs are dying. The most popular hunting and fishing shows are deadliest catch, ALF, Duck Dynasty, Naked and Afraid, etc...

The show you listed are only popular with people who have no clue. They are full of made up BS drama just to make them more interesting to those who don't know anything about hunting, survival or the outdoors.

The show you listed are only popular with people who have no clue. They are full of made up BS drama just to make them more interesting to those who don't know anything about hunting, survival or the outdoors.

Those people you mention likely represent much of the future growth among the hunting community as more people get interested in the food side of hunting. It's coming, skinny camo jeans and hipsters in the woods who are not interested in horns, they will just want dinner and some pics for social media. Will probably be a good thing for interest in small game hunting and managing doe populations.

Those people don't want to watch trophy animals being hunted or go buy a bunch of expensive sponsors gear to be like their favorite hunter an go on expensive hunt at that farm they were at last episode. They want to watch people hunt, kill, process, cook, and eat animals so they can provide food for their family instead of going to a grocery store. My guess is hunting programs that include more of that how to information and less trophy hunting will be the most popular moving forward. Meat Eater does a good job of showing this side which is usually only shown on the more popular hunting programs on major networks which have little if any focus on trophy hunting.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back