Case preparation

Case prep is obviously the worst part of reloading, but I always enjoy going over all the brass.
Gives a person that feeling of accomplishment.

Sounds worse than it is though, when I read the process involved.

Ok. So we do it the same, except I deburr flash holes and uniform primer pockets. Everybody is different. mtmuley

I did it for quite awhile but never saw a lot of improvement. I took a steel drill bit and glued it into a wood dowel handle and made me a flash hole deburr tool. Never saw much difference in how they shot so don't do it anymore except when I get this quirk! I don't uniform primer pocket's either. I think that might improve accuracy some but not enough for someone that doesn't shoot competitively.

I did it for quite awhile but never saw a lot of improvement. I took a steel drill bit and glued it into a wood dowel handle and made me a flash hole deburr tool. Never saw much difference in how they shot so don't do it anymore except when I get this quirk! I don't uniform primer pocket's either. I think that might improve accuracy some but not enough for someone that doesn't shoot competitively.

hahaha I'd just use the drill bit in an actual drill! That's actually what I do with my flashhole debur tool, I take the handle off if it and chuck the business end into a cordless drill when I'm doing large batches. Keeps my hand/wrist from getting tired hahaha

I measure primer depth too. mtmuley

hahaha I'd just use the drill bit in an actual drill! That's actually what I do with my flashhole debur tool, I take the handle off if it and chuck the business end into a cordless drill when I'm doing large batches. Keeps my hand/wrist from getting tired hahaha

A lot of guy's chuck stuff into drills to cut thing on case's. I've never done that because I'm afraid of over drilling! On the flash hole de-burr, I can easily feel the burr by hand and just turn enough to snip it out. Keep in mind, I never do anything I'd call large volume!

A lot of guy's chuck stuff into drills to cut thing on case's. I've never done that because I'm afraid of over drilling! On the flash hole de-burr, I can easily feel the burr by hand and just turn enough to snip it out. Keep in mind, I never do anything I'd call large volume!

Yeah I only give the drill a quick tap of the trigger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back