PEAX Equipment

Roosevelt sturgeon

HUNTNNW

Never thought I'd see a opener on lake Roosevelt in my lifetime . Been closed for around 30 years. We have been taking advantage of it! What a fun fish to catch. The meat is unbelievable .. Many said it was better than halibut and I have to agree it's awesome .

I added photos to this post and they don't show on computer, but show up just fine on my phone?

That is awesome! I've snagged a couple of super small ones, but would love to actually target them sometime. Well done!

Cool! We just had a short retention season on Lower Columbia. I only got out once and caught a 37", 43" and 57". Unfortunately our slot limit was 44" to 50". I haven't eaten a piece of sturgeon since 2013 and it really sucks!

Nice! I do an annual trip for Sturgeon out of Astoria every year. It's fun to land the big ones but it would sure be nice to be able to keep one again.

I was salmon fishing in SW MI sitting under a bridge casting down into a hole on the end back in the early 90s. You could see the salmon against the sand bottom when they would leave and head upstream. A very large weird shape came up on the sand bar and just stayed next to one of the pylons. I had no idea what the heck it was until years later when I learned about Sturgeon. I have fished that spot a lot and never seen another one, nor has anyone that I have talked to. These are normally only found in lakes in Northern MI or in creeks that they spawn in after they leave the big lake. It was a neat experience now that I know what I saw, probably a once in a lifetime experience.

Cool pics, maybe someday I can be fortunate enough to catch one.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back