Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bergara B14 6.5 Creedmoor

I’ve been looking at these rifles for a bit now and haven’t been able to find a ton of info on them. From what I have found, people seem to really like them, and the only complaint I find is that they can be a bit picky on ammo. So I’m just wondering if in the last year since this thread was started, if anyone has had more experience with them or found any more pros or cons

I killed a Bighorn sheep at 444 yards and three mule deer bucks at 144, 169, and 353 last year. Really impressed with this gun. I know of 7 good friends that have gotten various versions and calibers from bergara. Not sure there are better shooting rifles off the gun counter than bergara age tikka.

I drew a good elk tag this fall and based on where I can put the bullet and the performance of the 143 eldx I’m not finding many good reasons why not to take this rifle along.

Attachments

• 362D3B25-13E8-4EB3-95D4-44857781E14A.jpg
    362D3B25-13E8-4EB3-95D4-44857781E14A.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 3,821
  • 73CB28C0-A0E0-4365-8650-C56C7D5518C5.jpg
    73CB28C0-A0E0-4365-8650-C56C7D5518C5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,825
Last edited:
I got one of the new Bergara B-14 Ridge models in 6.5CM last week. Build quality is excellent for the price. Lots of testing ahead to see if I can get it to shoot well.

IMG_20180705_172405998.jpg

Those Ridges are cool. Scheels had an Approach in 6.5CM the other day. I made the guy unlock the glass case. Thats a dream gun for me.

Not sure there are better shooting rifles off the gun counter than bergara age tikka.

I'll second you on the Tikka, I've held and shot much more expensive rifles, and I'll always stick to my Tikka. Light, reliable, and unbelievable accuracy. I've looked long and hard at finding an excuse to get a Bergara in 6.5, but It's hard to justify when I've got a 7mm that shoots the lights out. I think my argument that I'll give in to is that the 6.5 would be more forgiving for wife/kids.

Beautiful animals, by the way. That background scenery with your ram in unreal!

Those Ridges are cool. Scheels had an Approach in 6.5CM the other day. I made the guy unlock the glass case. Thats a dream gun for me.
IMG_20180705_172405998.jpg
I've been having fun playing with my Ridge. Busy working up some loads for the fall. Action is butter smooth and the trigger is really nice too.

I am planning on buying the hunter or the ridge. Cant decide on caliber! I have a 30.06 now and want something totally different but still capable of killing elk. Thoughts??? Would a 6.5 take a bull? Thinking 300 win mag.

Last edited:
I am planning on buying the hunter or the ridge. Cant decide on caliber! I have a 30.06 now and want something totally different but still capable of killing elk. Thoughts??? Would a 6.5 take a bull? Thinking 300 win mag.

I'm not sure that there's enough difference between a 30-06 and a 300 win for me to ever have both. There's about a bazillion different calibers that would work to kill an elk! I'm sure you'll get a ton of different recommendations on here.

Welcome to the forum!

I just purchased a B14 HMR in .308. Picked up a Leupold VX3i to top it off. Hoping the rifle gets in later this week for some range time this weekend. Pretty excited about this one. Then again I get excited about any gun.

B188B580-18E6-4A65-935D-31737706B1D1.jpg
Got my Bergara Ridge 6.5 cream door set up in a Grayboe stock. I didn’t care much for the factory stock and wanted a higher comb. I had this stock laying around so I mated them together. It didn’t shoot consistently at first and I found that the recoil lug wasn’t making full contact in the recess of the stock. So I utilized the scope base shim that Bergara supplies with the rifle, sandwiched between the faces of the lug and recess. Much more contact now, and shoots great!

It's their Terrain. The same stock that is on the Premier Approach rifle. High, McMillan style comb on it, slim profile fore end, but still fits a heavier barrel.

Last edited:
I want a Bergara bad! Iv got my eye on the approach .308
Stainless ....................................check .
Short and heavy. ..........................Check
Accurate . .....................................Check
Kill anything in North America . ........Check
Wife can still kinda shot it (reduced recoil rounds)..............check

Now if only i could find one 50% $off$

The other side of me says to go with the ridge . The only thing I can’t check off my list is the stainless barrel . Iv got a blued 308 already and for some reason I can’t justify another blued gun . But somehow can justify a approach that is double the price . I know dosnt make any sense but that’s were I’m at .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back