Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

4th season Colorado

WHOCARES

After 11 years I finally drew a 4th season deer tag in Colorado unit 15. As I'm considered an oldtimer this will be a once in a lifetime tag. I'm a veteran Colorado elk bowhunter with good success. I solo hunt public land and have enjoyed spending the whole month of September in the mountains since I retired 11 years ago. I have a favorite wilderness I like to backpack into. I have not hunted unit 15 but am going out in July to recon/ scout. Any comments on the unit and late seaon would be appreciated. Thanks.

I bow hunt this unit all of the time and only rifle hunted it once in 2013. In 2013 we had to leave 2 days before season ended because of a snowstorm. It was snowing when we got there and never stopped. When we got to town people were talking about how early the snow was. I told them they could thank me for that....drew my elk tag and bam weather said no elk for you! I have a place in unit 13 and 3 I can hunt on private land but my friend said it is a 4th season only area and the weather is a gamble. I am just afraid of getting snow and not being able to get to his place. Not trying to discourage you but keep in mind you are going through some really high country to get to unit 15 and 4th season the elk will most likely be herded upon private land because of snow in the high country.

Back