Another TV guy gets caught and pays; but not enough

I thought that commissioner's tags only went to non-profits. Anybody with deep pockets can buy one? Who gets the money or does it go to G&F? Can you enlighten me Buzz?

Commissioners tags are to be given to non-profit, charitable organizations and are then raffled, auctioned or sold by those organizations to anyone willing to buy a raffle ticket or bid on the tag. The money then goes to the organization that raffled the tag or held the auction. Not sure if any amount must be returned to G&F but I know some give back to programs like Access Yes.

Description of process and list of orgs that got them and how much the went for.
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Apply-or-Buy/Commissioner-and-Governor-Licenses/Commissioner-License-Authorizations

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget Wildgame Innovations (his company) as well as other companies it owns including Barnett crossbows and FLextone game calls! Their Facebook page has posted about these companies as well so I'm guessing they have some level of sponsorship: CVA, Bloodsport archery, Gravedigger broad heads, Thermacell, Lumenock, and Im sure many more.

Just so our pitchforks and torches are pointed in the right direction, I would like to note that Wildgame Innovations is owned by Plano Synergy. Who also owns the Flextone, Zink, Frabill, Tenzig, Ameristep, and several other brands.

Unbelievable! It will never end because the many sponsors of crap tv shows like his make a lot of money for themselves and the networks that air them. There will always be another @$$clown to replace this one if he gets booted off the air.

My hat goes off to those who reported what they saw to the proper authorities! They could have so easily turned and walked away. I would love to cross paths with them on an elk mountain one day and shake their hand!

I recall enjoying the first few episodes of the whack chopper builder Jesse James, then, as with any 'reality' format, the produces began clumsily scripting contrived dilemmas. Artificial drama and staged emotion.... PT Barnum TV drives the hook.

Just so our pitchforks and torches are pointed in the right direction, I would like to note that Wildgame Innovations is owned by Plano Synergy. Who also owns the Flextone, Zink, Frabill, Tenzig, Ameristep, and several other brands.

Im with ya. Id be curious who the majority investor(s) is then in this company. :) Unless he sold....im guessing his last name is Busbice.

This guy is a total POS. Can't believe a ranch hand couldn't have used the meat from the calf.
I wasn't clear on the violation for shooting the bull. Think it said he did not have the proper tag. He had a Commissioner's tag. Just curious what the violation might have been there.

The commissioner's tag was filled when he shot the calf, so when he shot the bull he no longer had a valid tag. At least my interpretation.

This guy sucks...just like his products. Unfortunately there's too many guys like this out there that have the money to give themselves a platform. All they do is shine a negative light on the responsible ethical guys like us. To the guys that reported this...I owe you a round of drinks

Im with ya. Id be curious who the majority investor(s) is then in this company. :) Unless he sold....im guessing his last name is Busbice.

Well I was able to dig through things and figure it out. Synergy Outdoors was the Busbice company that bought out Plano Molding to create Plano Synergy. They list Tom Hurt as the leadership, but Synergy Outdoors was founded by one of the boys. Guess we can get the pitchforks back out then.

With the weird TV rules that Randy talks about, do you think the Network would of aired the episode if he had stopped shooting after the calf went down and he filled his commissioner tag with it?
Owning a mistake like that would of drawn a lot of ribbing for the rest of his life. However, with the ribbing, it would of came with respect as well for doing the right thing even thought it was painful.

my bad on that. I just read another article and realized it was big D bag and not one of the kids. Shame on me for not remembering those superstars names

Not to worry! I thought it was one of the boys too until WapitiBob clued me in that Jr. is actually Papa, the leader of the entire scumbag family!

I have purposefully avoided any products the Busbice family is affiliated with for several years now based on their overall buffoonery. This goes much beyond general buffoonery however. It's just plain disgusting, a wanton disregard for the animals we pursue. Thank you for posting the contact info above Randy; my opinion was shared. We as hunters need to weed this crap out of the outdoor industry ASAP.

Well I was able to dig through things and figure it out. Synergy Outdoors was the Busbice company that bought out Plano Molding to create Plano Synergy. They list Tom Hurt as the leadership, but Synergy Outdoors was founded by one of the boys. Guess we can get the pitchforks back out then.

LOL. Thanks for checking up on that. I was 99% sure that he founded Wildgame innovations. I think he used the money from the sale of another company to front the $$. If we are getting out pitchforks....it is responsible of us to make sure they are pointed, in fact, at the right people. Thanks for checking and keeping us honest! :)

Originally Posted by LWC55
This guy is a total POS. Can't believe a ranch hand couldn't have used the meat from the calf.
I wasn't clear on the violation for shooting the bull. Think it said he did not have the proper tag. He had a Commissioner's tag. Just curious what the violation might have been there.

The commissioner's tag was filled when he shot the calf, so when he shot the bull he no longer had a valid tag. At least my interpretation.

Calf shot. Tag filled.
Did not promptly unload weapon when confirmed calf was dead. Violation.
Did not promptly notch and place tag on calf. Violation.
Marked incorrect sex of elk on license. Violation.
Did not recover meat from calf so wanton waste. Violation.
Shot bull without a valid tag since shot the calf first. Violation.
Placed tag on wrong animal. Violation.
Took illegally harvested bull elk carcass. Violation.
Failed to report game violation. Violation.
Involved 3rd parties in attempts to conceal violations. Conspiracy violation.

Never heard of the guy or watched his show (sometimes not having cable is a good thing). The focus of mainstream outdoor tv, with the focus on the kill, making hunting into a competitive sport (biggest rack wins), etc means unfortunately this will happen again. So glad to support the ones that are the real deal, Rinella, Fin, Warren, etc. Sometimes stuff happens and owning up to your mistakes is always the best way forward. This just shows the ethics this guy holds (none). One of the first rules of hunter's safety in MT "Know your target and beyond".

Heck, I don't watch his show and only 2 others do I concern myself with. Randy and Steven's shows. So hang him high! I guess his next show will be from New Zealand. John

Originally Posted by LWC55

Calf shot. Tag filled.
Did not promptly unload weapon when confirmed calf was dead. Violation.
Did not promptly notch and place tag on calf. Violation.
Marked incorrect sex of elk on license. Violation.
Did not recover meat from calf so wanton waste. Violation.
Shot bull without a valid tag since shot the calf first. Violation.
Placed tag on wrong animal. Violation.
Took illegally harvested bull elk carcass. Violation.
Failed to report game violation. Violation.
Involved 3rd parties in attempts to conceal violations. Conspiracy violation.

Thanks for the replies. Makes total sense now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back