Another TV guy gets caught and pays; but not enough

It saddens me to say that I'm not surprised, at all by any of this, namely his actions, his responses and the responses of the sponsors/network. All of the responses from him are exactly what others have stated, a halfass attempt to sound sorry and make it seem like it wasn't as bad of an event as it was. All of the responses from sponsors and network are a dismal last ditch effort to save face, NOT actually do anything to prevent or make things better. I refer to it as a "we told you so policy" meaning they have policies in place to fall back on to say "we told you not to do that" and then ride that excuse wave until the waters calm down. Thankfully I don't carry or sell any of the products in my business that associate with these D**k cheese curds so I don't have to worry about throwing away inventory, because I have when things have happened in the past, I won't even give them away, they don't deserve the curtsy of making it into real sportsmen's hands.

What makes me feel bad is I refuse to purchase the cable add on to get the outdoor or sportsman channel because I can't stand the vast majority of their "shows" if you even want to call them that and not just extended commercials for some crappy product. I feel bad because of Randy's show and Steve's show, they need to make some income to at least help with covering costs and need to sell advertising spots and reach people with their message. I only problem with Randy's and Steve's shows is there they're not long enough and there's not enough of them!

Side note:
Randy don't feel the pressure to cut your youtube series or podcasts short, if it takes 4 hours to tell the story and convey the message then take 4 hours!

Got this from Matthews Archery in reply to an e-mail I sent:

It is truly an unfortunate situation. We do not condone any of the actions taken by Bill Busbice. We are no longer affiliated with him or his TV show, Wildgame Nation. We appreciate your feedback and support.

CORRINE BUNDY
Media Relations Manager
608.269.2728 ext. 237

It is truly an unfortunate situation. We do not condone any of the actions taken by Bill Busbice. We are no longer affiliated with him or his TV show, Wildgame Nation. We appreciate your feedback and support.

CORRINE BUNDY
Media Relations Manager
608.269.2728 ext. 237

Just got the same email as well. Good for Mathews.

Just got the same thing from Matthews. Time to send some emails to the retailers that sell his dogsh!t products.

CORRINE BUNDY
Media Relations Manager
608.269.2728 ext. 237

This is good to see. Being based in Wisconsin, I have always been a supporter of the Mathews brand

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back