Cabela's krotos. Anybody tried them?

Hoytxl2009

I'll start off with I'm not a fan of anything Cabela's makes, but before I cross this one of the board thought I'd see if anyone has tried them. Anyone compared to vortex razor 65mm?.

I don't think Cabelas "makes" anything in the optics world, they simply re-brand items from optics manufacturers. The Euro line, for example, is re-branded Meopta Meostar which receive amazing reviews yet carry the reputation, convenience, and guarantee of the retail behemoth due to the re-branding.

Very true. I guess I should say I'm not a fan of many things with the Cabela's name on them. I read something the other day about the krotos being made by maven or athlon.

I have no experience with these, but I actually like Cabelas stuff. At least more so than other (Gander Mtn. Bass Pro, etc...) The lifetime warranty on much of their stuff is nice. I don't think they do the lifetime on waders anymore, but I bought a pair probably 12 years ago, after a few years they sprung a few leaks as ALL waders do. I patched them for a few years until I got sick of it. Sent them back to Cabelas and they sent me a brand new pair, no questions asked. I've also found most of their clothing to be good quality. I really like the microtex hunting clothes.

Their Krotos is made by Athlon which is more than likely made under the same roof as the Vortex scopes. If that matters to you.

Interesting. I was reading the same thing. My other option was the vortex razor 65. Not a big fan of the new design being 8oz heavier. To cheap to buy a swaro. Even though I'm sure it would be worth it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back