unit 34 deer wyoming

deerhunter23

Hey guys just found out i drew a unit 34 deer tag for Wyoming and am pumped to finally get to hunt the cowboy state.Looks like the northwest corner of that unit is the best place to start,any help would be much appreciated.

Do a search of the Forums, as there is quite a bit of information on unit 34 here and over on the Wyoming Forum on the MM site. PS: You're already on the right track with your comment about the nw part.

That's exactly where to look.You will see a ton of deer each day.I couldn't find anything better then 140-150" so my tag went unfilled.I only had 3 days to hunt though because I spent over 2 weeks that year in Alaska killing my moose.My son should draw it next year.I'd say if you find a 160" you probably should take it.But if you have all 2 weeks to hunt you will find better.Nice little cabin rentals available right in the area you'd be hunting.And they have a little bar/resturant for their guests and some of the locals.If unit 120 has any cow elk tags left,apply for one

All the chatter on forums about the unit and one thread in particular full of pictures during the off season is all it took. Magazine pimps blew it up too. That combined with people desperate to get out of the point game in Wyoming and you have 50% or so point creep on that unit in one season.

thanks mixedbag for the info,congrats on the moose! i do have the two weeks and plan using them if need be,I"ll check into the cabins but kinda wanted to tent camp...will surely check on cow tags

Definitely NOT worth 9 points.Tag increase probably had people dumping points.Top gun is 100% correct,5 or 6 pts at best.Otherwise you'd be better off building in other states.I got it with 5 in special draw 2 years back.Eastman put it on their blue list this year

Definitely NOT worth 9 points.Tag increase probably had people dumping points.Top gun is 100% correct,5 or 6 pts at best.Otherwise you'd be better off building in other states.I got it with 5 in special draw 2 years back.Eastman put it on their blue list this year

IMHO anyone that pays good money for the incorrect information that Eastmans puts in their mistake riddled MRS section is wasting it and that's all I'm going to say!!!

Deer Country

That's exactly where to look.You will see a ton of deer each day.I couldn't find anything better then 140-150" so my tag went unfilled.I only had 3 days to hunt though because I spent over 2 weeks that year in Alaska killing my moose.My son should draw it next year.I'd say if you find a 160" you probably should take it.But if you have all 2 weeks to hunt you will find better.Nice little cabin rentals available right in the area you'd be hunting.And they have a little bar/resturant for their guests and some of the locals.If unit 120 has any cow elk tags left,apply for one

Hello mixedbag, I have a unit 34 tag. I was trying to find those cabins, do you know how I can do that?

I think deer starts on the 15th. Ill be in 120 helping a friend on his bull tag. Ill let you know what we see if you like, send me a pm as we get closer. The bull tag starts the 9th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back