Hit the Arkansas ELk Lotto

nturpin

I live in Arkansas and have put in for the limited elk permits since the first season that they opened it up to hunting. Yesterday was the permit drawing and I got the phone call. I was working on a friends new land making food plots on my dozer and let the call go to voicemail. I forgot about it until I got home and when I listened to it, I couldn't process what I heard. I drew 1 of 29 tags for this year. And its an either sex tag! The season is 5 days. Looks like I will be taking off for a couple of weeks and getting to live my lifetime dream of hunting Elk in Arkansas. Now time to get ready and start scouting before to long. Season is Oct 30-nov 3. I'm not sure what to expect but I know that The feeling of shock will not soon be replaced.

This is such a great achievement to have elk re-introduced and to reach populations that can support hunting in yet another state. Some steep country in parts of Arkansas so will probably be more physically challenging than my last WY hunt. Good luck!

Wow. That is a special opportunity. I hope it is all you dream of. Good luck.

Pick any 6 numbers from 1-60 and send them to me.......

Better Lucky, than Good any day. Congrat's my friend !!

Not many states that have elk and alligator hunting. That's awesome. Where is your hunting area?

I've been told I need to go and buy some lotto tickets, haha. My hunting area is the Elk zone 4 which is on the east side of the Buffalo river. The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission recently updated their website so I can't find a lot of info on maps yet. They are going to mail me a packet in the next couple of weeks with all of my information. Hopefully it will have some good maps. Once I get the packet I will start planning my scouting trips to understand the lay of the land. There were only 2 tags of either sex given out in this zone. and from what I can find online it seems like a pretty big zone. I will update as the process goes along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back