Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Doe/fawn antelope access

Shotdown

Hello Wyoming hunters.

As a last minute deal my brother an I are thinking about trying to draw some doe/fawn antelope tags on the left over draw.

My question is, (and I'll be calling some biologists and wardens Monday) is getting private land access doable with doe tags if you hunt later?

I see several units have private land only tags and was going to look into them if you can get on some ground fairly easily. If not we might just wait till next year or try to snag some cow elk tags and see what happens. Thanks

I'm not sure about access but why not get some left over doe tags and hunt public land ? A GPS, some doe tags and your in for a good time on public in some of the left over areas.

I'm not sure about access but why not get some left over doe tags and hunt public land ? A GPS, some doe tags and your in for a good time on public in some of the left over areas.

Maybe because the tags he's talking about are PRIVATE LAND ONLY?

I am absolutely open to public, but must leftovers are in limited assess units and some units with the most tags are private land only. I was just curious if it was similar to Nebraska where many people are open to you shooting antlerless deer late season, just don't mess with their bucks!

Lots of these "access yes" private lands don't get posted until July 10 I believe. May be too late if you gotta get your application in before then. If you're a resident, I'd say gamble and get it before the lands are posted-- the tag isn't expensive.

You will find doe access is easier to get especially later in the season. Deer and elk season may overlap with your plans and be the issue getting access. Ranchers won't want to mess up a deer or elk hunter for an antelope doe.
The biologist and warden may have landowners names who allow late doe hunting.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back