Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Love my Remmy's but....

Nice clothes may be a luxury, but they're one that's worth every penny. You can afford to be cold, wet and miserable. I can't, so instead I afford nice stuff.

This gun- not a fan.

Or call Melvin Forbes (New Ultra Light Arms) and get an even lighter, odds on better built rifle for just a bit over 1/2 of what that thing costs. I do agree with Bambistew, they'll sell all they make of these...

I've been hunting for over 40 years and have never found the NEED for any of that overpriced stuff out there, it's just a luxury. I don't hunt for a living so I hunt 2-3 weeks out of the year and my no-name stuff works just fine. I don't need to be a camo fashionista and I will continue to criticize all the overpriced made in china kuiu camo.
You are free to spend your $$$ anywhere you please.

View attachment 71883

Dang near anything would work for only 2-3 weeks out of the year. In MT. there is something to hunt for more then 6 months in a row starting in 70 plus temps in early Sept. ending in the dead of Montana winter.

I've been hunting for over 40 years and have never found the NEED for any of that overpriced stuff out there, it's just a luxury. I don't hunt for a living so I hunt 2-3 weeks out of the year and my no-name stuff works just fine. I don't need to be a camo fashionista and I will continue to criticize all the overpriced made in china kuiu camo.

View attachment 71883

I could wear wranglers for 2-3 weeks and get by, but when you spend a significant amount of time in the high country over a 2-3 Month time period you need to have a great layering system. As for the rifle.....no chance I'm purchasing that one...

View attachment 71883

Ok. Those statements give me a pretty good idea of your experience.

Walmart knock-offs would probably get me killed. Literally, I'd be dead from hypothermia on a hillside.

But you keep at if it works for you. I'll stick with my Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, and Arc Teryx.

Posted the wrong quote.... Will that Kunk fu killer process an elk with one shot? I like.

When in the process of buying a new rifle this spring I was advised by a surprising amount of gun dealers to stay away from Remington. Even the ones that sold them. I guess since being bought by a large outdoor company they have cut corners while riding on the name "Remington". Maybe this rifle was why ;)

http://www.barneys.com/product/balm...duct_id=00505053112330&cmpntype=pla&campaign=[PLA]%20-%20Balmain%20-%20Tier%203%20Central&adgroup=Balmain%20-%20Mens%20-%20Clothing%20-%20Jeans22&k_clickid=92348200-b3ab-49ef-9814-742338732c42&gclid=CKL-pcbg29QCFQwoaQodz1IJaQ
I'm done following this thread - I'll be busy ripping holes in all my camo. As to the rifles in question, I guess I'll go against the crowd and admit I like both of them. Doesn't mean I'd buy either one, you could get a better deal from a custom smith. Proof Research barrels not only look good - they shoot great. The best groups I've ever shot were with a Proof carbon fiber barrel rifle, the only thing I didn't like about the rifle was that it wasn't mine.

Ok. Those statements give me a pretty good idea of your experience.

Walmart knock-offs would probably get me killed. Literally, I'd be dead from hypothermia on a hillside.

But you keep at if it works for you. I'll stick with my Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, and Arc Teryx.

Sorry I'm not a "barney bad@$$" hardcore hunter like you who spends months on end hunting the most rugged, brutal, life threatening country there is to justify my overpriced camo.
I hunt for fun and enjoyment like probably most hunters. I don't put myself into those types of situations, I'm not into self torture.
No animal is worth putting myself into life threatening situations.
Carry on.

Sorry I'm not a "barney bad@$$" hardcore hunter like you who spends months on end hunting the most rugged, brutal, life threatening country there is to justify my overpriced camo.
I hunt for fun and enjoyment like probably most hunters. I don't put myself into those types of situations, I'm not into self torture.
No animal is worth putting myself into life threatening situations.
Carry on.

You probably could have said "for my purposes the higher priced technical hunting clothes aren't worth it, but they maybe for some people", and left it at that.

I can guarantee sitting in a tree stand for 4 hours in December at zero degrees most guys would be begging for "overpriced camo."

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back