Love my Remmy's but....

I would think a Ti action, carbon barrel, and Manners stock could easily beat the 5 lb mark but I guess not.

I'll keep packing my 84M Montanas.

Good for Jason and Remington if they can sell them though.

This thing will sell like hotcakes. You wait. Especially when Kuiu includes it in their "Ultimate Sheep Hunter" package. A guy can now click one button and have an entire sheep hunting kit sent to their door. Next up will be Swarovski binos and spotters in Vag kamo.

I bet Remington will sell them. The same guys that can drop 7k on a Gunwerks or something similar won't have an issue with the price. mtmuley

These are the same guys who will pay $80 for t-shirt because it says KUIU or First Lite on the label.

Just looked at the rifle in question...yeah, I'm not interested in the least. I'd rather spend money on tags and hunting trips.

These are the same guys who will pay $80 for t-shirt because it says KUIU or First Lite on the label.

My guess would be you've never tried their clothing or even looked at the website in detail.

I own stuff from most of the "hot" brands of hunting clothing, including Kuiu. I also have stuff from the mountaineering companies like North Face, Patagonia, and Arc Teryx.

I am not of they type to buy something just because of the logo on it, but I will try as many brands as the can to find good equipment.

The Kuiu Teton insulated jacket sells for a $130 or so. The same insulation in a Patagonia Nano Air or Arc Teryx will cost you $300.

There's a lot of room to criticize Kuiu for its marketing strategies. But I will say that their clothing is very reasonably priced and of good quality.

How about this one?...chopped to 20" would probably weigh only about 1.2 pounds more...and save you 5K.

IMG_1057.JPG

To each their own, but neither of those rifles are worth 6K...

I don't really want, or can afford either one. So far I don't need a lightweight anyway. The Proof doesn't say Remington or advertise camo though. I guess the "worth" part is up to the guy buying one. mtmuley

My guess would be you've never tried their clothing or even looked at the website in detail.

I own stuff from most of the "hot" brands of hunting clothing, including Kuiu. I also have stuff from the mountaineering companies like North Face, Patagonia, and Arc Teryx.

I am not of they type to buy something just because of the logo on it, but I will try as many brands as the can to find good equipment.

The Kuiu Teton insulated jacket sells for a $130 or so. The same insulation in a Patagonia Nano Air or Arc Teryx will cost you $300.

There's a lot of room to criticize Kuiu for its marketing strategies. But I will say that their clothing is very reasonably priced and of good quality.

I've been hunting for over 40 years and have never found the NEED for any of that overpriced stuff out there, it's just a luxury. I don't hunt for a living so I hunt 2-3 weeks out of the year and my no-name stuff works just fine. I don't need to be a camo fashionista and I will continue to criticize all the overpriced made in china kuiu camo.
You are free to spend your $$$ anywhere you please.

camo_0.jpg

Last edited:
As an aside, my bud at Hammer says Proof barrels are the stuff. They do make barrels that aren't carbon. mtmuley

Only ugly if it don't shoot. One day soon I'm gonna need a barrel. Was sold on Lilja. Looking at Proof hard. Both Montana folks. mtmuley

Back