Caribou Gear

Recommendation

cking13

Does anyone have any recommendations fora taxidermist or meat processor around the Riverton, Wyoming area? Preferably one with a website so I can see their work. Did a quick internet search but most have facebook and no website. I dont use facebook, so seeing their page is hard to do.

Not alot of us taxidermist have websites . It is costly and a good taxidermist doesn't need to spend much on advertising. Word of mouth travels around plenty good enough.
Asking g around is best way to find a good one.
I don't know any out that way, so can't recommend any.
Hopefully someone here can help.

True statement. None of the ones I use in VA have one. But I had the luxury of being able to check out a few shops here before I decided on one. A little harder to do for me in Wyoming. And I dont know about driving to a bunch of shops out there if I have an antelope cape in the truck. Ive heard that they need to be taken care of pretty quick to prevent the hair from coming out.

I can tell you antelope need quick cooling,hide and meat.
A freezer and a generator is the way to go. Freeze em and keep the lid shut. You'll only need to run the generator once every two or three days.
Small chest freezer is cheap and don't take up much space.

I know a great one in Laramie but he also is on facebook with no website. Stop in and look at some work while on your way out to hunt. Best way to judge any work.
Rawlins had some decent ones but I don't know them.

Back