Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by beginnerhunter View Post
    Just about the same.Same material.Close to the same buckle.
    I found mine in a Taos BP shop. Think I saw them in Cabellas a few times.

I use a web belt and suspenders. Let the suspenders do most of the work. Look for a smaller buckle and you won’t notice it under your pack belt. Sitka makes a good belt with a very small hook buckle.
    What doesn't kill you, hunts like hell.

No question for me, suspenders. I wear them every time I am hunting, most times when I am hiking, and even around the house. If you look at pictures from the 1800s of loggers, miners, prospectors, people who worked outside they all have suspenders on and probably for a reason. Plus, you will not believe how many women will compliment you on your suspenders when in public, they really dig them. And don't get the clip on ones, get benjamin buttons installed on your pants if you don't already so you can wear real suspenders. Also, pull on the suspenders before you buy them, good suspenders don't stretch hardly at all when pulled.

Belts are not near as comfortable when really tight, and still sag when under a pack or very wet, so suspenders are they way to go.

My dad has been a logger for over 30 years and I grew up in logging country (west coast) so suspenders is one topic I feel I can add a valuable opinion on lol
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

I discovered suspenders a year or two ago. Love them. Can't be beat.

Try different pants. I wore Lee jeans most of my life and was constantly pulling them up (wore a belt). No butt, but I'll admit to having a belly (my whole life) and it never helped hold pants up. For me Costco jeans stay up - even without a belt. For work I usually use suspenders as they keep the pants where they need to be no matter how much I bend over or move.

Name:  IMG_2232.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  75.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    Name:  IMG_2232.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  75.3 KB
    Bahahaha and ironically it looks like he is dining at Costco...at least he has good taste in that regard.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

Another no butt type, here. Just have to be careful where they are when you drop your trousers when nature calls...
    "Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much." John Wayne

9. Default

I finally found a family reunion thread

flat butt here too, been getting away with a web belt found used on eBay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12