PEAX Equipment

Pants falling down, belt or suspenders

beginnerhunter

Like many of you, I have essentially zero butt to hold my pants up. Even if I buy pants that are tight, they quickly stretch after wearing a few hours and I struggle to keep them up.

Do you all use belts? Do they interfere with your pack hip belts? I found a Velcro belt but it could be loud if adjusting in woods. What about suspenders? Just curious if anybody has a good solution to white man butt.

I'll sometimes wear both at the same time. I would skip the velcro, and make sure the belt you choose is a flat nylon webbing style or you'll be sorry wearing it under a pack belt.

I've always worn a leather 1.5-2" wide belt with no issues while wearing a pack. Just find something that works for you.

I wear both! If I had to have one or the other, suspenders by a long margin. Get ones that have as flat as clips as possible and be forewarned, some synthetics are hard for them to grab. Which is why I wear both as I clip the suspenders to the belt/pant, getting a better grip.

Depends on what I'm wearing. Usually a belt, but sometimes both. I've only worn suspenders without a belt a handful of times... also, I have a great butt

How do you know many of us don't have butts?

Didn't mean to stereotype, just figured there were several guys with frog legs like me. Haha.

Thanks for the replies. I have some suspenders with clips but was concerned they would come out a lot. Sitka has some that clip to belt loops but u have to have the belt loops in the right place (or add them). I saw gohunt is selling the PrAna Zion pant which has a tab you can tighten. I have these pants and they are awesome for that.

May just try to get a low profile belt...

Keep your interior close to home with a belt and all the exterior goes on independent suspension, for quick release.

Keep your interior close to home with a belt and all the exterior goes on independent suspension, for quick release.
This is true.
Been using a web cinch belt for hunting the last few years.It's type used by wildland firefighters. Always stays in place,under the stuff I can shuck.
I'm in the NB skinny guy group......need spenders on the rain gear fo sure....

Yup no ass here. My wife calls me a "flat back". Got it(or lack thereof) from my grandfather. I recently bought my first pair of suspenders and I must say that I really like them. They're more work to take off/on than a belt but if you can deal with that they're pretty cool. It's really a different feeling at first not having something tightly cinched around the waist, I kept having the urge to check to make sure that my pants were not around my ankles hahahaha. I haven't worn mine all that much as I still generally use a belt for every day wear. I haven't had any issues with them coming off or anything. I suppose if you really didn't like the clips or were having problems, you could sew buttons onto your pants and get the type that attach to buttons.

This is the pair I have: https://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Soli...64062&sr=8-1&keywords=dickies+suspenders&th=1

Last edited:
I typically wear First Lite Kanabs that have suspended spots and come with some basic, flat suspenders. I love them. I do have some Sitka ascents and wear a very light (read: flat and minimalist) belt with them so my MR pack belt doesn't interfere.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back