Good grub recommendations in Cheyenne

EBOLAVIRS

A couple buddies and I have some lope tags for eastern Wyoming. We will be staying in Cheyenne, farthest east I had previously been was Laramie. Any good places to eat in Cheyenne? We will be there a few days. Anything else we should see or do while there? I very rarely hunt the east side of the state.

It's a chain, but I can vouch for the Rib & Chop House. Wife and I have been to 2 and had great food both times. The Huckleberry vinaigrette dressing is awesome!

A&B BBQ is one of our favorites. Little hole in the wall joint that's only open from 4-8, but I don't think you'll find better ribs around. Dave gave you a great steak place in Rib & Chop house, a lot of chain places for everything. I'm a mom & pop fan so we kinda stick to the local places. But you can't go wrong with breakfast burritos smothered in green chili & gravy from R&B. A good place to just go grab a beer and enjoy the atmosphere is the Bunkhouse. If you have any questions at all about the region or Cheyenne fill free to PM me.

The be warned the quality of food too be had in most of Wyoming is pretty low compared to a lot of other states and countries I have been to. That isn't to say that there aren't good places in the state, but chose wisely or stick to chains. You can tell a lot about the expectation for the quality of food in a town by how high Subway and Pizza hut rank on Tripadvisor relative to the local places.

We ate at the Rib and Chop House in Cheyenne last fall and it was pretty good. Good beer selection and a good steak.

The be warned the quality of food too be had in most of Wyoming is pretty low compared to a lot of other states and countries I have been to. That isn't to say that there aren't good places in the state, but chose wisely or stick to chains. You can tell a lot about the expectation for the quality of food in a town by how high Subway and Pizza hut rank on Tripadvisor relative to the local places.

I guess that all depends on if you're in Wyoming to hunt or looking for gourmet dinners. Low quality of food? Run that by a local rancher in Cheyenne.

Steer clear of the bars, they are dives (especially the lamp, greendoor, keg&cork, and eagles nest...unless getting stabbed sounds like a good time). Outback, wild wings, and Chipotle have clean kitchens. I know a few that have gotten food poisoning from rib and chop (don't eat seafood in wyoming). Never eat at poor richards, Applebee's, chili's, steamboat or any Chinese food places.

Steer clear of the bars, they are dives (especially the lamp, greendoor, keg&cork, and eagles nest...unless getting stabbed sounds like a good time). Outback, wild wings, and Chipotle have clean kitchens. I know a few that have gotten food poisoning from rib and chop (don't eat seafood in wyoming). Never eat at poor richards, Applebee's, chili's, steamboat or any Chinese food places.

Ha ha! I remember going to the Green Door in 2004 the night before my best friend's wedding. I haven't stopped in Cheyenne since.

A couple of places along 17th St. Sanford's has a good selection of brews and decent food. Right across the street is 2-Doors Down for burgers. It's been awhile since I've been there, but the Albany wasn't bad either. Several of the chains (Applebee's, Olive Garden, Chili's etc. are all along Dell Range. They usually are busy on Friday/Saturday nights.

This might help...might not. I lived in Cheyenne for 6-7 years and moved out a few years ago. The Red Lobster was a big deal there. It was considered good food by the locals. You can find decent pub food and there are several places to get a good steak but good food...not IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back