Grizzly Bears are off the Protected List

Whoops . . . . I see (another post) we posted pretty much at the same time.

They posted this a while back... whose going to put in for a tag when the start the season?

file:///C:/localrdir/whardie/Downloads/Grizzly%20Bear%208-29-16.pdf

“We have to wait 60 days, but on the 61st day we will sue to stop the delisting,” said Matt Bishop, of the Western Environmental Law Center, a Montana based nonprofit that intervenes on behalf of conservation groups.

They posted this a while back... whose going to put in for a tag when the start the season?

file:///C:/localrdir/whardie/Downloads/Grizzly%20Bear%208-29-16.pdf

That was the proposal to delist. This is the final rule that will actually delist them.

You think a grizz will really ever be hunted in the lower 48.....ever?

Will there ever be an end to the red tape and lawsuits? Other than being anti-hunting, what's the real reason for all these organizations to sue and muddy the water......long after the desired population objectives have been met?

It's just so tiring.

It was the prices set by the legislature. Although interestingly wasn't in the last license fee bill.

So we have Wyoming ($600 Res / $6000 NR)

We have Montana ($150 Res / $1000 NR both with a $50 fee if successful)

Anybody know Idaho?

Good NYT article.
It will be interesting to see this all happen. Also curious to see the applicant numbers for the first grizzly bear hunting season.

Great news on the recovery and delisting. I just don't see the demand for griz tags in the lower 48 being that high, I guess maybe we'll see in a few years. Not a goat rope I'd want to throw in on...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back