Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Grizzly Bears are off the Protected List

There's a whopper up Taylor's Fork that needs to go before he eats a horse and rider. So hopefully someone gets a tag and heads that way. I too agree that there will be high demand in the tags. IMO

I'm another non-resident that would like to apply for a grizzly tag. While $6000 is too much for me, they will still sell as its a lot cheaper than going to AK where non-resident aliens like me can hunt grizz but need to hire a guide.

There's a whopper up Taylor's Fork that needs to go before he eats a horse and rider. So hopefully someone gets a tag and heads that way. I too agree that there will be high demand in the tags. IMO

My guess would be the Taylor Fork will be at the top of any tag holders list

Every year for the last 20+ years in SW montana during Spring bear season I've seen almost as many grizzlies as black bear. I'm always saying, man if I could just have the opportunity to hunt one I know right where I'd start, but I'm a realist and at 62 the odds ain't exactly in my favor. My sons only 28 so it may have to be him instead, still not great odds I'm afraid. Hell, I'd rather shoot a big Muley or antelope buck anyhow, seriously..

I find this story very interesting, since these two young males ventured so far east of the Rocky Mtn. Front. Stanford, MT is pretty much Central Montana where the geography is primarily open (open range, wheat field type of landscape). Further proof that grizzly bears are expanding their range.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2017/06/27/fwp-euthanizes-two-male-grizzlies-after-livestock-depredation-near-stanford/430881001/

If we are able to hunt grizzly bears in Montana, I will "throw my hat in the ring". What a permit to receive. It would be an amazing opportunity to hunt a very impressive animal.

Thanks for the laugh Ben, giving Obama credit for delisting. Yeah right...

2007 (Bush II): GYE Bears were delisted.

2010: USFWS Under Obama Administraton appeals decision putting GYE Bears back on list

2012: Interior Sec. Salazar calls for bears to be delisted, setting current process in motion

2016: USFWS issues notice of intent to delist GYE grizzly bears

The Service has for years been attempting to delist GYE bears, and under the previous two administrations, that strategy has been aggressively pursued. So yeah, 44 gets credit for pushing this forward. As does 43.

Great news on Grizzly Bear recovery and a big step forward for a sustainable managed population.

2007 (Bush II): GYE Bears were delisted.

2010: USFWS Under Obama Administraton appeals decision putting GYE Bears back on list

2012: Interior Sec. Salazar calls for bears to be delisted, setting current process in motion

2016: USFWS issues notice of intent to delist GYE grizzly bears

The Service has for years been attempting to delist GYE bears, and under the previous two administrations, that strategy has been aggressively pursued. So yeah, 44 gets credit for pushing this forward. As does 43.

So you are saying something that took 10 years to get done Trump/Zinke couldn't have pulled off in 5 months? Typed in OYO sarcasm font.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back