sheep pics from 622 680 please post

300stw

I am looking for sheep pics from the breaks, live or dead sheep, training tool for my wife and I

headed down to start scouting this weekend, want to learn to know what a 180 class sheep looks like when we see one, that's our goal,

thanks

Theres an app out the called How to hunt, its an awesome guide for sheep and goats. They also have a Youtube channel

The hardest part IMO of judging the rams in the breaks is that the bases on mature rams range from 14 .5 to almost 18.

we have watched the video a few times, been down 2x in the heat scouting the far eastern end of hunt boundary, seen a few rams, nothing real exciting, trying to get the lay of the land

got the wife shooting at pics of sheep with the 22 about every night,,,,,, last year we watched a ram a few days about a mile east of the boundary , after watching the video, he was a whopper, would like to see him again,,,,

Like Phutch says, the breaks rams are interesting because the rules many use in a lot of other areas don't apply! You can't judge by age, as a 10 yr old ram might have 14.5" X 36 and a 6 year old might be 17 X 43.

Is it 680 or 622 she has?

622 we spent last night and his morning scouting turned up one ram and a bunch of ewes, also lots of bulls and some good mule deer bucks,

damn it was warm fast, trying to attach a picture, phone scope dont make an adapter for my old spotting scope, we were holding the camera up to the scope and the other trying to focus and take the pic,

both sides heavy broomed, really thin body, looks like a lot of mass to me

i need to get a better spotting scope,

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 869
If you're interested, pm me and I'll tell you where I've seen the biggest rams in 622.

622 we spent last night and his morning scouting turned up one ram and a bunch of ewes, also lots of bulls and some good mule deer bucks,

damn it was warm fast, trying to attach a picture, phone scope dont make an adapter for my old spotting scope, we were holding the camera up to the scope and the other trying to focus and take the pic,

both sides heavy broomed, really thin body, looks like a lot of mass to me

i need to get a better spotting scope,

What do you think this ram scores?

some sheep pics from friday saturday, spotted 11 rams, these are the biggest we seen, others were 1/2 curl type,

still looking for the right ram, lots of miles this am and not one animal spotted,,,, might of been to far from the river,,,

the broomed ram looks like a really tight curl small hole in middle of horn, other ram longer horn, less mass for sure, i wonder if the the thin horn ram is 6.5 yrs, the other 8+

thoughts

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 641
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 631
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 637
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 644
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 651
looks like a bit of a testicle problem on the tight curl broomed ram

Very nice! Be following this with interest as I'll be in that unit in October for elk and deer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back