Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk 101 online course

I think I'm gonna get it. Was going to set it up on my 75" tv...because why wouldn't you? My dad is interested as well so may have him over for dinner and get a chapter a night. How long did it take to complete?

It's self-paced. You can take as long as you wish and revisit/re-watch the videos in each chapter. For example, if you have your tags already and know where you are going, you can spend little to no time on Module 1 - Planning your hunt and more time on areas you wish to learn more about such as Module 8 - Setting up on elk.

I renewed it as well - I learned a lot from it and am excited for the new input from Randy on the late season elk. The audio book and the phone app will also be a great addition. Well worth the money!

Bad thing today is I cannot seem to log on to elk101.com. I have tried various devices with no success. Hopefully they are only down for a short period of time.

The site is poorly designed and confusing to navigate, and is broken for me on mobile, but the content itself is pretty good. There are a lot of videos, but there's even more text, so don't get into the mindset that you're going to kick back and turn on the tube and Corey is going to talk you through the whole thing. There is a LOT of reading to do here. I wouldn't put too much stock in his figures for word count either, because he is really conversational with his writing. You could probably get the same content into half as many words, kinda like this post. That being said, I pride myself on being able to do research and pick up on topics myself and I still found the course to be worthwhile and packed with good information. I'm actually still working through it, and it's something that I will continue to refer back to and re-read over the course of the year. He runs good deals on signups all the time, they were just doing $59 signups I think, although that might have just been renewals. Either way, I think it's worth the full price, at least for one year. Their store has a good selection too, but a lot of it is sold out for weeks or months at a time. But I did get a good deal on a few items which sweetens the deal a little.

Lots of great info on Elk 101, I'm new to elk hunting and it has really opened my eyes to things I Had not considered. The calling instructions helped me a lot. Also members get discounts on certain gear, like EXO Packs, which I certainly appreciated. Well worth the price. I just renewed my membership for another year.

I bought it, and spent spring break watching it while on the beach.

It is packed with great information. However, it is heavy on rut hunting, archery hunting and calling. For us rifle hunters there was not as much information. For that I just watch Randy's hunts on YouTube. :D
I would renew if I could get the same price now as I got last year through RMEF. However, I'd also buy some calls and other gear to try as I watched it.

I think being forced to read makes you pick up on things you otherwise may have missed

Returning to this old post for people who are wondering what I did a few years ago. Yes I signed up and learned a lot from the program! And I signed up for round two this year and found Randy’s Section extremely helpful as well. Would recommend!

Last edited:
Returning to this old post for people who are wondering what I did a few years ago. Yes I signed up and learned a lot from the program! And I signed up for round two this year and found Rany’s Section extremely helpful as well. Would recommend!
I like seeing the follow through on posts like this. Thanks for doing so.

Back