Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk 101 online course

BRP

Hey guys, I was looking at subscribing to the Elk101 elk university course and wondered if anyone on here had tried it. If you've tried it, would you recommend it? I don't have much extra cash laying around but I'd be willing to try it if it was worth it. I have had some trouble finding elk in areas I thought would have some but I am new to elk hunting so that comes with the territory. Would this help me or should I just keep hiking and looking and save the money?. Thanks for the help!

I just renewed my subscription. I have found it very helpful and informative. I am also looking forward to the new module that will be added later this summer, post rut and late season elk hunting by Randy. In my opinion it is worth the money.

I liked it the first go around. But wasn't going to resubscribe. Then saw Randy's module. So I figured I would give it a shot.

Well worth it. There are modules you can skip if you know where and how to apply for tags, but the discussions and videos regarding finding elk, thermals, calling, and setups are golden.

I think it is worth it. I renewed as well. I am especially looking forward to Randy's module as well since that is when i go elk hunting. I haven't been bow hunting elk yet. The elk calling module has me making actual elk sounds with a diaphragm call which I couldn't do before. I am understanding thermals for the first time as well. I have not been paying enough attention to the wind for sure. I have picked up some good tips from the private facebook group as well. A good use for facebook besides Elk talk live of course.

A lot of useful information in there. Helped put the pieces together, kind of that ah ha moment. Will worth the money. Looking forward to the new features.

I'd agree with the folks on here. Lots of useful information and tips. I thought was well worth the money and would advice any elk hunter to take it, even if you have years of experience. Just makes you think about elk hunting differently.

I live in NY so I only get to hunt elk 1 week a year if lucky. That's my only opportunity to really learn about elk. The course has taught me a bunch. Well worth the $

Man, what a lot of info on the UEH. Corey did one hell of a job. It is most definitely worth every penny.

I would recommend it for sure. I have been elk hunting for ~18 years (the last 8 or so have been what I consider seriously), and decided to subscribe last year. While not all of the info and content was useful, I do think that the small things that I have overlooked helped me get my bull this past season. In the grand scheme of things, I think this was an easy investment for me.

I think I'm gonna get it. Was going to set it up on my 75" tv...because why wouldn't you? My dad is interested as well so may have him over for dinner and get a chapter a night. How long did it take to complete?

I just started it and already learned something about using Google Earth that I did not know. It has helped me identify areas that we were considering and rule some of them out and made us underline the others. As far as how long it takes, well there are I think 16 modules and 36 chapters. You may already know some of the information and skip to what you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back