Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Florida General Gun Quota

TWT

I stumbled across the Florida quota hunts while applying for Sambar deer earlier this summer. It was my first time applying and I thought, well why not.

I received an email today and I actually drew a quota general gun permit for Babcock ranch preserve 12/8-12/10.

Any Florida hunters here that can give me some insight? I have just begun my research, but I am excited to hear what anyone may have to say.

Thanks.

Congrats from a fellow Floridian! The Florida draw was good to me! While I didn't get a Sambar hunt, I did get a St. marks archery deer hunt. I also got a general gun and archery quota permits at local WMAs. Maybe someone will chime in with some info on Babcock. Good luck!

I am actually from Oklahoma. I have put in for Sambar for a few years now. This was my first time applying for any other hunts. I really enjoy hunting in new areas so I am really looking forward to it.

I am actually from Oklahoma. I have put in for Sambar for a few years now. This was my first time applying for any other hunts. I really enjoy hunting in new areas so I am really looking forward to it.

Only 2 weeks until OK draws......
I've got a good feeling I'm going to draw this year!

I grew up hunting and fishing South Florida. I have never hunted Babcock ranch preserve. But i have hunted Cecil web witch boarders it. I can tell you that it is a swampy muddy area. We would run swamp buggy's out there and hunt deer and hogs. I live in Tallahassee Fl now. St Vincent's island has a quota Sambar deer hunt as well. I'm not sure what information you are looking for but i would be glad to share what i know.

I am moving from VA to Florida for work. I was lucky and got the Chassahowitzka and my son drew Croom. Both are general rifle. I have been told Croom is a little better so we will focus our efforts there. He can hunt so I am really looking forward to it. Does anybody have any info on Croom?

There's a bunch of good deer hunting to pass up between Oklahoma and Florida. Good luck.

That late in the year, Im assuming the best strategy is to hunt bottlenecks and food sources. What kind of food sources will the deer be hitting that late in the year? Does the preserve plant areas or do they rely on natural sources?

Thanks for all the replies.

Good to see some other Florida deer hunters on here. I drew a general gun quota permit for Tosohatchee WMA the weekend after Thanksgiving. It will be my first time at that unit this year although I've hunted Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA before which is about 30 miles due south. Good luck to our fellow Florida deer hunters! One of these days I need to hook up with one of y'all up in the panhandle area. I hear it's not quite so tough up there as it is down here.

I was unaware of a sambar deer draw in FL! Looks like another state application to add to the list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back