Colorado refunds

They told me 2 weeks ago mine was sent out. I know mail is slow but dang I still haven't gotten it

I called because I had received my antelope and deer almost immediately but no elk refund yet. The lady told me that they are sending them out in batches with the last batch leaving as late as July 7. So, it may be a little bit more for some of us.

Nothing in MN yet and I need it! Putting in for multiple people is tough on the pocket book.

I have to admit, I'm getting frustrated with that state. With the RFW letting people jump to the front of the line and delayed refund checks, I'm about ready to cash in on my points and move on. Of course it's frustration talking but dang!

Got deer here but no elk refund. Seems like a way to save a little change if they would just send out one refund check for all species in a combined payment.

Just got mine today, finally. My deer tag came last week. My wife was all excited when she saw something in the mail from CPW, thinking it was a check. Then I opened it, saw it was my license, showed it to her and she said, "Oh, it's just your freaking tag." She doesn't get it--yet.

Got my deer refund and waiting on elk. Going to be exciting the day they send me a tag!

No Elk refund yet but received my other 2 tags a few days ago :). I like your commend Jabber "Seems like a way to save a little change if they would just send out one refund check for all species in a combined payment." Instead the Colorado Wildlife & Parks just added more fees. In prior years, anyone was able to return a tag prior to their hunting season for a FULL refund. This year the Colorado Wildlife & Parks Office will charge $15 for any returned tags.

ColoradoHunter719

Still waiting on my deer refund. I was thinking about calling them, but if they're still sending them out for the next couple weeks I'll hold off.

There refund process is so weird. Send out multiple checks. Send them out in batches. Spread them out over several weeks.

Plus then you start hearing of other people getting checks and you start to wonder if you messed up???

Colorado has seen it can do better and is already in the process of changing to a new, less wasteful system.

http://cpw.state.co.us/cpwshop

CPW is in the process of transitioning to an upgraded licensing, pass, registration and reservation system. All customers will need to have an individual email address and password to apply for or purchase CPW products with the new system. Make sure your current contact information and email are up to date​ with us.

CPW’s integrated purchasing website will streamline and personalize the process ​​of enjoying Colorado’s wildlife and park resources, organizing all your activities under one online account. This new system integrates previous CPW systems including the campground reservations system, hunting reservations system, parks automated record-keeping systems, total licensing system, vehicle registration system, internet vehicle registration system, and electronic stores. The new website will be mobile-friendly for your on-the-go hunting and recreation requirements. ​

CPW’s new shopping website will be available in 2018.​

Paperless Applications Coming​​

CPW is also in the process of going paperless for all big game hunting license applications in 2018.

Just so you know that the refunds go to the person who applied not the person who paid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back