Arizona archery OTC mule deer in good elk units

Iowaguy

units
My question is, does anyone have any advise on units in Arizona that are ok OTC mule deer units and ok to decent elk units? That way I can mule deer hunt the area Im waiting to draw an elk tag in/ build points and learn the area. I dont need huge bulls or bucks...Thanks

Most of the state is open for the OTC archery Deer hunt that contain Elk Excluding a few. With that said it depends on how long you want to wait to draw your elk hunt that will determine what Unit I would recommend for deer if you are willing to wait for a premium Elk tag I would seriously consider Units 1/27 Both have good mule deer as well as Coues deer so you can chase either one, or if you are set on Mule deer then you can look at Unit 9,10 those will also be premium tags but are both open as well for OTC mule deer in August. Now if you would like to Draw an elk hunt sooner look at some of the less premium units more in the central area of our state such as 4A, 4B, 5B, 6A, 7. These units require less points to draw and still have mule deer in them that are open in August and would allow you the opportunity to scout the unit that you might be interested in hunting elk. I would recommend looking at a unit that bordered other units on your first trip that way you could check out multiple units so you can narrow your choices down. Let me know if you have more questions on it.

Thanks! That is exactly the info. I was looking for and the units I had in mind. Gives me more peace of mind that Im going about this the correct way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back