Yeti GOBOX Collection

Question about Utah antlerless Elk permits

bisblue

Hey folks,
Not sure if someone could help me with some info on the Utah cow tags. It seems that roughly half of utah is a generally open for OTC tags including a spike/cow tag.

I have a friend that just moved to Nevada as a wildlife biologist and missed the residency requirement. He also missed the antlerless elk draw in Utah, which seems to take place in the draw only units, rather than the general units, if I am understanding things correctly.

So, if there are left over cow tags from the draw, are they available OTC? Also is there an OTC resident and non resident quota, or just first come first serve. It seems like the cow only draw tags were 200 bucks cheaper than the OTC spike.

I drew a cow archery tag here in Nevada for August and was hoping to drive up from southern Nevada and fill the freezer more, while getting out a friend or two for their first western hunt. Time of year doesn't matter, I was a climbing guide, and love suffering.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

I had a question about this as well. I haven't researched it enough to know exactly. I know my own fault. I have a bull tag for nebo muzzleloader. Could I pick up a cow tag I assume if there were leftovers after the draw and hunt at the same time as my bull hunt? I think I read in the regs where u could use your cow tag on any other elk hunt u had a tag for as long as you had the correct weapon of that season? Since I figure to shoot my bull the first day, ����it would be nice to pick up a cow tag

I had a question about this as well. I haven't researched it enough to know exactly. I know my own fault. I have a bull tag for nebo muzzleloader. Could I pick up a cow tag I assume if there were leftovers after the draw and hunt at the same time as my bull hunt? I think I read in the regs where u could use your cow tag on any other elk hunt u had a tag for as long as you had the correct weapon of that season? Since I figure to shoot my bull the first day, ����it would be nice to pick up a cow tag

I'm assuming you have a LE any bull muzzie tag? If that's the case you could purchase a LE cow tag and hunt during the season and weapon you have the bull tag. I doubt there will be any cow tags left but ya never know.

I'm assuming you have a LE any bull muzzie tag? If that's the case you could purchase a LE cow tag and hunt during the season and weapon you have the bull tag. I doubt there will be any cow tags left but ya never know.

Thanks! Yea I have a LE tag. I've never researched the cow tags for UT but I'll look into it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back