Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big Pike

Awesome fish! I have yet to catch a pike. Have a musky under my belt, but no pike. I'd love to get ahold of one like that!

Pike.jpg

Nice fish. I have a coworker with a little place on Grenadier Island. He goes there for two weeks each summer and loves it.

I'm not much of a fan of pike until they get to be over about 10 pounds, but then they get to be pretty fun. Being from MN I'm a diehard walleye fisherman and pike just bite off jigs wasting money and precious fishing time. The big ones are fun, though! I couldn't help myself but smile when I got this one over Memorial Day weekend jigging for walleyes with light line. It was a battle! I'll gladly catch her again next year if given the opportunity.

Check out the East branch of the St. Regis river between St, Regis Falls and Santa Clara NY, you can catch several species of trout and bass, yellow perch and big pike in the same river all on your fly rod. Use big streamers with shiny tinsel in the streamer for the pike
I'm still waiting to catch a pike on my fly rod. Those are some nice fish!!

Giant Pike!!! Walleye is my favorite too, but it is fun to cast the shore line for big pike once in a while
View attachment 71751

Nice fish. I have a coworker with a little place on Grenadier Island. He goes there for two weeks each summer and loves it.

I'm not much of a fan of pike until they get to be over about 10 pounds, but then they get to be pretty fun. Being from MN I'm a diehard walleye fisherman and pike just bite off jigs wasting money and precious fishing time. The big ones are fun, though! I couldn't help myself but smile when I got this one over Memorial Day weekend jigging for walleyes with light line. It was a battle! I'll gladly catch her again next year if given the opportunity.

Dang, you should make a trip to SD. We have lakes plumb full of those things.

St. Lawrence river near Waddington is your best chance for a giant pike, Cranberry Lake would be my #2 spot.

Keeptrying, I'd love to stop in and fish some pike in SD. Maybe doe a pheasant and pike trip someday, haha!

Crossbowguy, My buddy used to go up to the 1000 Islands area as a kid. We both have boats and have been talking about heading up there someday. He tells me the stories of the big fish they caught. Sounds like a blast!

My step dad has been taking a few of us kids (we're 7 in total) on one of his half dozen annual trips to central Ontario every summer since the late 80's. We're after Walleye but we inevitably bump into a few Northies and some small mouthed Bass in the process. While this guy isn't exceptionally big, he was a battle scarred old warrior and I happened to haul him up clamped down on the 8" Wally that I had actually hooked. He fought me for about 90 seconds and didn't let go until I had him in the boat.

I can't fillet them for shit, too many Y's, but they are awfully fun to catch.

1048361_626377050708133_710957434_o.jpg

musky.jpg
amyfish.jpg

We don't have northern pike down here where I'm at in Ohio, some a little bit farther north that I know of. We do have some great creek musky fishing if you know where to go. I'd rather fish for creek musky than the big reservoir musky like down at Cave Run, KY myself. I've saw some toads in the creeks. My biggest was 47.5" and over 30 lbs from this creek. I had one follow to the boat last fall that looked like he could have ate the two pictured. Biggest musky I have ever saw. The Ohio EPA shocked one up not too far from where I caught these that was 54" and over 40# a couple of summers ago. Creek is full of their favorite food....white and redhorse suckers

Last edited:
Really nice muskies!
View attachment 71759
View attachment 71760

We don't have northern pike down here where I'm at in Ohio, some a little bit farther north that I know of. We do have some great creek musky fishing if you know where to go. I'd rather fish for creek musky than the big reservoir musky like down at Cave Run, KY myself. I've saw some toads in the creeks. My biggest was 47.5" and over 30 lbs from this creek. I had one follow to the boat last fall that looked like he could have ate the two pictured. Biggest musky I have ever saw. The Ohio EPA shocked one up not too far from where I caught these that was 54" and over 40# a couple of summers ago. Creek is full of their favorite food....white and redhorse suckers

We fish MN and northern Ontario and catch quite a few into the low 40s. My biggest is 43.5. Brother has a 44.5. My 13 year old daughter had a 38.5 explode at boat side on her lure. She about crapped her pants and now that is all she wants to fish! I love catching big pike. Watch a you tube to learn how to take th Y bones out. It isn't that hard.

Maybe I will get the chance to post some new pics tomorrow taking dad out on one of the local lakes that has big northerns and tigers.

Back