PEAX Equipment

Maine Moose Draw Bull #2

woodsman

Feeling very fortunate to have drawn my 2nd bull moose tag in 20 years. I drew my first bull tag in 1997 (first time applying) which resulted in a 57" bull of a lifetime. Ever since I took my bull, my wife has said that she was going to get one herself, which was a big deal because she had never hunted back then. So now, with 5 years of whitetail hunting under her belt, she is going to get her opportunity.

Don't get much luckier than that. I thought i read or heard that NR odds are less than 1/2 of 1% Maybe you should try your luck at a bighorn sheep tag.

Congrats on the tag you are pretty darn lucky. I have a close friend that has somehow managed to draw three non rez moose tags in Maine in about 20 years.

Just curious for those that have been drawing, how many entries have you been buying?

congratulations on the draw. Good luck on the hunt!

I have been applying for a lot of years. I have over 60 points. Each year I buy 6 chances. That's all I will buy. Don't agree with the fact that a person can match someone's points if they want to spend the money. If I draw I draw. Not going to play the money game. This is my opinion and realize each is his/her own.

Same here. I refuse to participate in the point prostitution. I buy my one chance each year that's all.

The Maine moose tag is a money grab and scam by the state. Good luck on the hunt, that's a pretty lucky draw right there.

I just buy 5 chances every year and have 10 years in the draw. I just hope the money I'm donating goes to wildlife management and not to some general fund.

Zone 1 this year. When I drew in 1997 it was a central southern zone and the folks there said they wouldn't waste their time hunting that area. We called in 3 bulls opening morning and elected to pass 2 of them because they were small, the other was right on us but we couldn't see him. My buddies got mad at me because we were in that particular zone and it was really warm and felt I shouldn't have passed. Well that evening we went back to the same area and the bull I shot walked right out in front of us.

With my wife doing the shooting this year I am sure there will be no passing, which is fine with me as she may never have another opportunity. According to a biologist up there, 60% of the 1.5 year old bulls are dying as a result of the ticks. The tags continue to be cut back every year accordingly. All I can say about the draw is don't give up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back