Kimber Hunter

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I have always craved a Montana in 7-08 or 308 but have shied away because of their price and accuracy issues they used to have. These new hunters are making me look hard at Kimbers again.

mtmuley's version,,"there shalt be no mention of non 700's or sub magnum calibers"

JLS version.."the 6.5 is the skinny jeaned pinnacle of caliber choice for discerning marksmen...supplanting the tired champion 7-08"

I know you hand load but if you want to try the Norma 130-grain Swift Scirocco II, I bought a box yesterday to try and have 15 left. I am not going to reload so I can probably send you some once fired brass. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Ruffled some feathers I guess. mtmuley

No feathers ruffled here. "Aesthetics" and "synthetic stock" don't even belong in the same sentence, so the molded trigger guard is a non issue for me. I'll probably get bored and paint it in a year or two. If I want nostalgia and aesthetics I'll take the pre 64 out.

6.5 man bun

That made me laugh.

mtmuley's version,,"there shalt be no mention of non 700's or sub magnum calibers"

JLS version.."the 6.5 is the skinny jeaned pinnacle of caliber choice for discerning marksmen...supplanting the tired champion 7-08"

I have a feministic aversion to magnums and the associated recoil. I may let my hair grow into a mop, but I haven't stooped to wearing skinny jeans.:)

It's lonely loving and shooting magnums. Hope that rifle likes Hammer's JLS. Steve will take care of you. mtmuley

6mm man bunn. Haha.

Every time I see a dude with a man bun I say "hey, this is a man bun free zone" and I smile.

They look at me like I'm the weirdo.

One guy said back to me "that's not nice". I responded with "neither was you leaving the house sporting a man bun and wearing a romper".

You really are a little off aren't ya Stu?

I guess too much time up high A? Ha,Ha

It's ok I'm a mag man myself, and sooner or later brain damage might make me a better person.
Good luck guys.

So, working on my form I reduced the group by about a quarter of an inch. For a he record , I didn't allow any cooling time between shots. After 80 rounds , I haven't experienced any feeding or ejection issues.

A2E88C26-859B-4C74-952F-A8A9A4813281_zpsid6smpu8.jpg

Waiting impatiently for the Hammer Hunters to show up. I'll be tickled pink if they will shoot like the SMK are.

Nice group....especially considering no cooling time in between shots.

Very nice! That would cover a lot of bases for me. Hope Henry's not on Old Roy now... ;)

FWIW, that barreled action will drop right into a Montana stock if you decide to make the switch down the road. Will need to buy the magazine parts and a trigger guard.

Would this be the case for a mountain ascent as well?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back