Swap hunts?

That's a lot of Bacon and hams right there! As for the deer in Northern NY a 3-4 year old will "dress" 200+ and I have seen some go as high as 275 dressed weight but that is before they run all their weight off(pre-rut)

That's a lot of Bacon and hams right there! As for the deer in Northern NY a 3-4 year old will "dress" 200+ and I have seen some go as high as 275 dressed weight but that is before they run all their weight off(pre-rut)

That is some big bodied deer. Most places in MS the bucks weigh on average of 180-190 lbs live weight. In the delta they can go to 300+ live weight but usually in the 225 lb range. Hogs can go north of 400 but usually are from 100-250.

glass eye.

Best post of the thread.

I think he deleted his post. Basically, quality to same quality does not work. This is what I have and it may not be the quality of your hunt, but it is what is what is. You want to hunt here, hunt here.

I probably screwed his thoughts greatly.

Sorry glass eye. I posted in between.

Last edited:
I started this thread so that people could think about hunting in different areas with someone that has been doing it in there area for years, no guide fees, just a simple chance for hunters to exchange experiences with each other and give someone from a different area of the country/world a chance to hunt your turf and you theirs....... If someone wants to come Norhtern NY I have 800 private acres and tons of public state land for them to hunt. I even posted the NYS DEC web page so you could see how reasonable tags are and all over the counter tags

Come on out for the bear drives.We have alot of fun.Make no mistake though,this is a tough hunt,crawling thru swamps pushing bears out to standers.We swap standers/drivers each time so you don't get to worn out.I drive the entire time because I took a bear 3 years ago in a drive and that's good for me.My son took one 2 years back.We usually run a bear out during the day.After 2 days that's about all your body can handle.Anyone's welcome to come try and owe me nothing.I enjoy hunting with all the guys and most new ones I meet as well

What state is that?
Come on out for the bear drives.We have alot of fun.Make no mistake though,this is a tough hunt,crawling thru swamps pushing bears out to standers.We swap standers/drivers each time so you don't get to worn out.I drive the entire time because I took a bear 3 years ago in a drive and that's good for me.My son took one 2 years back.We usually run a bear out during the day.After 2 days that's about all your body can handle.Anyone's welcome to come try and owe me nothing.I enjoy hunting with all the guys and most new ones I meet as well

Just put my trail cams out on my 201 acre farm near where I live, so when the buck and bear pics start coming in I will post for people to see around the country

You interested in coming out to northern NY for a hunt? Big game, small game, upland bird, turkey, and even fishing?

I had a bunch of guys from NY come out and go Elk and Mulie hunting with me a couple times. Went back east and got a turkey hunting with them. They got several deer and a spike bull. It may not have been an even exchange of assets, but the lifelong friendships make up for it. If you get a chance, do it. Pay for your own gas and meals. You are just a couple of buddies hunting together.

I have been swapping bear hunts in Ontario for over 15 years now, with alot of successful killing of different animals. This is the best way to see new places and hunt different species, for the poor average working man without big outfitter fees.

I'm always excited to hunt something new somewhere new, here in Florida you get worn out with the Osceola turkeys, hogs, and gators.

The coyote hunters have been out with their dogs and had some good success already this winter, and my buddies that hunt rabbits with crosspatch hounds have been smoking cottontails and snowshoes.

That would be me a poor average working man!

I have been swapping bear hunts in Ontario for over 15 years now, with alot of successful killing of different animals. This is the best way to see new places and hunt different species, for the poor average working man without big outfitter fees.

I'm another easterner that would be interested in joining a group or individual on a swap hunt. There's not many hunting opportunities here in Connecticut however I've got two good sized fishing boats and would be glad to take a few trips out fishing. We always eat well on our hunts as well. Plenty of seafood!

I have done it and it was great. I had never hunted whitetail and an friend that had never hunted elk. I went to Missouri and shot a doe after very slow buck sightings an missed my one and only opportunity. He came out to Oregon and I took him elk hunting ( cow). He also missed and small opportunity and learned what its like to hunt in the mountains compared to his home Missouri. We both had a great time with the new experiences. We plan to do it again.

I think its a great concept as long as both parties are like minded and interested in trophy hunting. Just having fun and learning new things. For me learning to sit in a stand. I ll take my 3 mile walk into the back-country, and another 3-4 per day, compared to trying to figure out how to climb up in those damn things and sit there.

I'm further north than that by about 2 hours closer to you. I live near the 1000 islands area, I have property near fort drum, north of watertown ny, as well as property in Parishville NY more hilly mountainous country.

Im with you on this one
I see you are in up States NY
My very first swap hunt was in Brookfield NY on a turkey hunt beautiful country

You bring the fish and lobster and we will hunt and eat good!!!

I'm another easterner that would be interested in joining a group or individual on a swap hunt. There's not many hunting opportunities here in Connecticut however I've got two good sized fishing boats and would be glad to take a few trips out fishing. We always eat well on our hunts as well. Plenty of seafood!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back