CO S9 Ram Archery tag holder

COEngineer

I hunted S9 about 5 yrs ago and was not successful. I saw sheep everyday (10 days of hunting) but never saw a ram during the season. I think I may have spent too much time hiking at treeline instead of glassing from one of the Forest Service roads down below. I see that several of the tags filled last year were on the west side of the Sangres, so maybe that was my mistake last time as well - I hunted mostly on the east side. Well, I started applying right away and was one of the ridiculously lucky guys that drew this year with only 1 weighted point. So, I get to try again. I'm too cheap/stubborn to hire a guide, so I have been reading up on sheep myself. I don't know that any of the books have great advice about how to find rams, but it's been motivational to read about all the success others have had.

If anyone has hunted sheep in Sangre de Cristo's I would welcome any tips/advice.

I joined that forum the last time I had a tag, but it does not seem to be very active these days, so I thought I would try here instead. There have to be a few sheep hunters in the HuntTalk nation.

Congrats on the tag. Hopefully you plan to attend the orientation this weekend. I'm sure you probably did the first time you drew, but you might have a better idea of what questions to ask, etc., this time around. I don't have any experience in S9.

I did not go to the orientation the first time (work conflict or something), but I just called today to get signed-up. They wanted RSVP by the 14th, but hopefully they will let me go anyway.

I joined that forum the last time I had a tag, but it does not seem to be very active these days, so I thought I would try here instead. There have to be a few sheep hunters in the HuntTalk nation.

The forum might not be active, but I believe the organization is. Join and try to make whatever meetings they have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back