Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pant Opinions

Majja

These Pants will be for the first part of October here in Ut. As all mountain conditions it can very. I am looking at Either the Kuiu Guide pant or the Sitka Timberline pant.

Please I would like to here what you all think of these as far as durability and performance. We are usually spend our days between 8500 and 11000 feet depending where the critters are. I am in the process of saving to get new good gear.

Thanks
Matt

I love the timberline pants, the only hold back is that they are too hot above 60 degrees or so or I would wear them for every hunt. I have the Kuiu alpine pant hoping it would be the warm weather equivalent to the timberline, but I ended up using my Sitka ascent pants instead.

My timberline pants have nearly 60 days in the field over the past 3 years and they have been very durable.

The Kuiu pants are very minimalist in design whereas Sitka pants have tons of really well though out add on features.

I have been using a pair of Kuiu Guide pants for the last couple of years and have been VERY impressed. I probably have close to 50 days in the field from backpacking in blizzard conditions to spring turkey hunting in thick brush.So far I haven't had any big holes or failures in the fabric. I really like the athletic fit (eliminates snags from brush and trees), fabric stretch and the zipper vents. They are a warmer pant, so the vents come in handy when climbing. I also like how quick they dry. I don't have experience with the Sitka Timberlines for comparison, sorry.

I like the First Lite Corrugates and Sitka Timberlines. Both are very durable and have awesome stretch. Not too warm but not too lightweight. Both dry fast too. The Kuiu Guide are a very good pant but are too warm for October and even most of November for me. I like the Guides for December hunts.

The KUIU Guide pants maybe on the warm side, but I have not hunted Utah in October. I layer so I have found the KUIU Attack pants to be my all around hunting pant. I also use Firstlite Guide and Kanab pants depending on what time of year it is.

Prana Stretch Zion, like a cross between the Kuiu Guides and First Lite Corrugate. For a 1/3 the price.

I hunt the LeSal Mountains in mid October and I'd say you'd be better off with the Chinook if you want Kuiu. I've run those and the Timberlines at that time of year in temps from 70-25 degs.

My choice would be the Timberlines. One thing I've found with Sitka Gear is that I don't get to buy the new stuff because it wears forever. I'm still wearing a pair of Mountain Pants from 8 years ago.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back