Wyoming OTC

Bowaddic

This is my first time so be gentle. I applied for a Wyoming Antelope rifle tag. The draw is 6/22. I'm driving from Tallahassee FL if I get a tag. Can I get a OTC Deer or Antelope tag in Wyoming or any state close to make the most of my time and drive. I am planning on taking 15 to 20 days for this trip. I'm in decent shape and don't mind a hike. Thanks for the help.

What part of the state are you planning on hunting?

Nebraska has OTC (November Rifle)

Montana has OTC (October - November Rifle)

Idaho has OTC (October Rifle)

As far as OTC in Wyoming, if would have to be a left over - which also depends on which side of the state you are hunting.

I would look hard at the Wyoming leftover cow elk licenses when the list comes out. There will likely be some leftover deer tags also.

A couple years ago I drew a deer tag and grabbed a leftover cow elk tag and a leftover antelope tag and had a great hunt. Didn't bring any big racks home, had a good time and got lots of meat for the freezer.

You'll need to apply in the leftover draw if you see something you want.

I applied for units 101, 113 and 20 in that order with no points. I talked to a guy at Fish and Game he told me to apply for 101 because it's a new unit and a lot of people may look it over. Then I went on and looked at the draw percentages and picked 113 and unit 20. So I may be around the middle of State or if I get 101 I'll be in the Southwest.

Yea I just after a good experience. I prefer meat over horns but I still like a good rack. Over a lifetime of hunting there will be opportunities at trophy animals.

Usually a lot of leftover deer licenses up north around Sheridan and Buffalo. Be aware that Wyoming has changed their leftover license process this year. Application period for leftover tags will be 6/26-6/30 with results available 7/13.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back