Hunting with a knee injury?

My appt is set for Wednesday...hopefully get a diagnosis then. I'm now able to "walk" with one crutch and can put some weight on it, although not comfortably. Right now my goal is to make it through my wedding without having a noticeable gimp. Fingers are crossed!

Wow, you still need a crutch this long after you screwed it up? Must have really done something. When I tore my ACL I missed one day of work because of the swelling and stiffness, then I went back and never missed a day until my hunt. It was sore and I took it easy with what I did, but no crutches or drugs. Just so you can compare, I work as a repairman at Caterpillar working on bulldozers. I crawl inside, under and all OVER them fixing what is needed. Not exactly a desk job!

Currently have torn meniscus and it is flipped. (Injury in May) Had an MRI. Initial swelling/fluid. But today I have enough motion that I am postponing surgery until after hunting season. Tore my other meniscus in Sept 2015 and had surgery in May 2016. I hunted elk in Sept 2016 and got around just fine. But this go around, I have a really good tag and don't want to risk it.

Currently have torn meniscus and it is flipped. (Injury in May) Had an MRI. Initial swelling/fluid. But today I have enough motion that I am postponing surgery until after hunting season. Tore my other meniscus in Sept 2015 and had surgery in May 2016. I hunted elk in Sept 2016 and got around just fine. But this go around, I have a really good tag and don't want to risk it.

My torn meniscus was flipped too, my knee would lock up and when I forced it to bend it would pop real loud, very painful too. I have no insurance and was contemplating going to Mexico ( I live on the border ) and paying cash. But while I waited for the extra money to come in, in time I walked it off. It's fine now, no surgery, still pops a bit but it's more of a click and doesn't lock up.

Tore my meniscus in 3 places last year in July, and had it operated on in August last year. Was able to hunt 6 weeks later in September. Ended up getting a deer and elk in 2 days. Feels great after a year now. Your body will tell you when you're doing too much. IMO and according to the ortho.

Had my MRI this morning. Initial diagnosis from a hospital insider is torn ACL and meniscus but have to wait until Monday to hear officially from my doctor. I'll at least be able to make it down the aisle for my wedding without crutches and am praying that I'm told I can strengthen it enough to put off surgery until December. Either way, it's going to change my hunting strategy for the fall!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back